Home Made Traction Bar Build

ford rules

Reaction score
Started building my traction bars today after school. I got the rear mounts started and should have the rest of my heims Thursday I'm hoping. I will update as I get more done rear mounts should be about done tmrw afternoon. Here's a few pics mounts are 1/4".
Templates cut out and 3.5" tube for axle mockup.
null_zps906d5769.jpg

null_zps60f80de2.jpg

null_zpsa8b32ea4.jpg

null_zps39934324.jpg

No fancy tools used here just a drill press plasma and grinder.
null_zps0397d48d.jpg

null_zps1452d733.jpg

null_zpsdbd71f5d.jpg

null_zpsd38cba9b.jpg

Betarocker

Reaction score
I like the brackets. I'm more a poly bushing fan over spherical rod ends. Leaf springs do not allow the axle to travel in an arc, and the rod ends have no give. Suspension will bind during axle travel.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I like the brackets. I'm more a poly bushing fan over spherical rod ends. Leaf springs do not allow the axle to travel in an arc, and the rod ends have no give. Suspension will bind during axle travel.

yep... but its better than nothing at all.

VanoFord

Reaction score

can you post pics of the different set up you are referring to? i understand easier when i can see a pic w/ the desciption. sorry if thats a Noob request, but all this stuff that the SD have is way more than I'm used to from my lil .5T truck. thanks!

ford rules

Reaction score

Ill be using bushings on the frame end to allow give and isolate road noise/vibration.
Should have more updates tonight...

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Yea I'm subscribing to this! Been wanting to build my own but not sure on what components needed or to start with! I do occasionally go offroad a lil bit and flex a little more. I loved PMF front shackle mount they had to allow te rear axle to move a bit.

VanoFord

Reaction score
Yea I'm subscribing to this! Been wanting to build my own but not sure on what components needed or to start with! I do occasionally go offroad a lil bit and flex a little more. I loved PMF front shackle mount they had to allow te rear axle to move a bit.

i am more than happy to make some w/ you, do both trucks at the same time? only difference would be the pipe length due to bed length right?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
i am more than happy to make some w/ you, do both trucks at the same time? only difference would be the pipe length due to bed length right?

That be awesome! Ya I think u have a 8' bed right!? I'm working on getting money together for suspension maintenance right now....

VanoFord

Reaction score
That be awesome! Ya I think u have a 8' bed right!? I'm working on getting money together for suspension maintenance right now....

yea, 8' indeed. well i'm down. i know the ride would be phenomenal if I did this along w/ my lift at the same time. so i'm down whenever. just give me a week or so in advance to clear w/ the boss. newborn is kickin our arse :biggun: but its worth every minute.

ok, sorry to derail, :popcorn:

Strokin572

Reaction score
Looks good! Might have to show this to my friend... He made traction bars with a long stick of 3/16 drilled a hole and stuck it on under the nut for the shock and a hole in the frame y'all would get a kick out of it LOL

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
yea, 8' indeed. well i'm down. i know the ride would be phenomenal if I did this along w/ my lift at the same time. so i'm down whenever. just give me a week or so in advance to clear w/ the boss. newborn is kickin our arse :biggun: but its worth every minute.

ok, sorry to derail, :popcorn:

Will do... Still have ur #....

Sorry for the derail as well

ford rules

Reaction score
Rear mounts are all tac welded. Hoping to see my bushings tmrw and get started on the frame mounts.
null_zpsee4365f8.jpg

null_zpsad19713d.jpg

null_zps6ea3f0de.jpg

null_zps410cf8f2.jpg

null_zpsfb90745e.jpg

null_zps1bb4a9cd.jpg

null_zps293aafa4.jpg

Latest posts

Members online