Honest opinions on 3 or 4 link

Layson

Reaction score
Trying to find out the same thing for my 03 that I am putting 05+ suspension on. Will see where this goes and if it answers my questions as well.

On my friends truck we put the OUO ALA's on it when we changed out his suspension to an 08. The 3-link/radius arm style setup will drive like it should without bumpsteer. The steering on your axle is setup for a radius arm style setup.

photo-565.jpg

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Adjustment wise you can knock most of it out with a measuring tape, I've even been lucky enough to get a few of them perfect enough to where the alignment shop didn't even need to make any changes. This was using PMF's 3 link.

Strokinn6.0

Reaction score
I have 6" springs with a 2" spacer and stock radius arms with 6" drop brackets I am going to 8" springs with a 1-1.5" spacer and adding a 3 or 4 link system

m j

Reaction score
If you are going to go looking for an argument at least make an effort to put forth some sort of useful knowledge.

Radius arms are radius arms a 4 link is a 4 link. A 3 link is whole different animal that applies to very few people here, if any.

yet the term 3 link comes up a few times in this thread including the title
seeing as the first reply mentions a 'drop bracket' I am going out on a pretty thick limb when I say it is not for a 3-link

I still want to hear what alignment spec will cause bumpsteer.

scparrish

Reaction score
I do agree that people throw the term 3 link around a lot and I have yet to see someone on one of these forums design one.

m j

Reaction score
I do agree that people throw the term 3 link around a lot and I have yet to see someone on one of these forums design one.

I need to get a knuckle machined for high steer arm then mine will be ready to 3 link. I have all the frame side brackets and lower control arm brackets on the bench. axle side upper and panhard bracket are all that needs to be fabbed for links.
I am still waffling back and forth between the lift coils or stepping right to a coilover

scparrish

Reaction score
I need to get a knuckle machined for high steer arm then mine will be ready to 3 link. I have all the frame side brackets and lower control arm brackets on the bench. axle side upper and panhard bracket are all that needs to be fabbed for links.
I am still waffling back and forth between the lift coils or stepping right to a coilover

You need to make a build thread if you haven't already. This sounds awesome and I vote coilovers, sounds like you are going to end up there any way.

NotStock

Reaction score
I have '05-12 forged machined knuckles instock as well as double sheer high steer arms for them. PM though so we dont clutter the OP's thread please.

Latest posts

Members online