Horn stuck on

Angus122

Reaction score
Alright so I just finished installing gauges in my 99 and I spliced into a wire at the bottom of my steering column which is hot all the time after I turn the key on and grounded it all with my fuse box to power my pyro and tranny temp. So after I get everything hooked I start my truck and everything works other than my pyro so I left it running checked every connection and still nothing and I made sure it was getting power and still nothing ,so I figure a factory mess up . But anyways after I get done checking everything I go for a drive up and down my road ,then head for town and get about 2 miles away and my horn pops on stays on until I unhook my battery's . After that I let it sit and I hook them back up and the horns off so I start it , and check to make sure nothing shorted across and still nothing ..then it comes back on and it won't go off until the battery's get unhooked again ..any ideas? I mean it runs for 20 minutes then the horn comes on and I'm lost ..sorry for the long write up I just don't wanna forget anything

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
It's a spring/wire in the steering collum that turns with the steering wheel to keep connections to your airbag/horn/steering wheel controls

78f100

Reaction score
My wife had a car that the metal contacts in the steering wheel were jacked up, the horn came on one night while we were in bed scared the crap out of us...lol. I had to disconect the power to the horn, it was that way when we sold it.

Angus122

Reaction score
Yea I figured the same thing but I checked my power wire and there's no way it would just make my horn pop on after 10-20 minutes of run time and not go out until I unhook the battery's...my power source goes off with the key so idk..it's kinda annoying

Angus122

Reaction score
Idk why it fixed it but I changed to a different power wire and everything's working great so I'm happy ha..thanks for everyone's help

Latest posts

Members online