hot shot secret or rev x

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
With the archoil you know what it is made of and what it contains. The ar9100 works better and will lower your engine oil temp a couple of degrees at the same time. Plus it's not as expensive.

I agree to a point, but just knowing what is in it doesnt make you feel better when you put it in the engine and it doesnt do anything.

but i must have engine isues that it wont touch. honestly i have to admit that.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Agree with both of you, but my customers seem to thinks its magic here in Washington. Seen it do cool things and make my customers happy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

chappy

Reaction score
Archoil here as well. Never had an injector issue just use for insurance. Wonder why I've never had a injector issue

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I have tried both rev-x and hot shot, hot shot was a waste of money, rev-x made a difference. Still ended up having to get injectors but at least solved some of the cold start problems. Was so bad that the truck would barely move in cold mornings until the oil heated up then ran fine, with hot shot same, with rev-x I could start and go, truck had a lot better power then before.

3brorce

Reaction score
All going to be the same price for revx. No real deals. I never ran anything but oil.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I never ran anything either until one day by buddy wrecked his bike while we were heading to lunch. Had I get his wife to the hospital cause she was a mess wouldn't you know it started as I went to get her. Odd how stiction just happens sometimes. Injectors are coming out soon so hopefully running sheafers oil and the new set on sticks will be a good combo.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Got some archoil ordered from G racing. Im gonna try it this time and maybe try rev x on another oil change see which one works better.

Mdub707

Reaction score
rev-x claims the same, i have never winessed it though.

I've never had Rev-X do anything after it was drained out. As soon as the oil was drained, right back to the same problems as before. I also never got just one 4oz bottle to really fix the issues. I tried it a few times, only adding one at a time. I'd always end up adding the second bottle a day or two later to help clear the problems up further. I'm sure not every truck is the same though.

FWIW, I'm running archoil 9100 for the first time now, and I'm very impressed with it. Initial thoughts are this is better than rev-x.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I've never had Rev-X do anything after it was drained out. As soon as the oil was drained, right back to the same problems as before. I also never got just one 4oz bottle to really fix the issues. I tried it a few times, only adding one at a time. I'd always end up adding the second bottle a day or two later to help clear the problems up further. I'm sure not every truck is the same though.

FWIW, I'm running archoil 9100 for the first time now, and I'm very impressed with it. Initial thoughts are this is better than rev-x.

spot on.

i think it is hit and miss as to what helps each persons truck. depends on the combination of age, wear, how many injectors, injector builder and the process they use to "rebuild" their injectors.

Latest posts

Members online