how can i go about changing the ac compressor clutch wiring harness

Pstroke96

Reaction score
so my air conditionor decided to stop working the other day and after some diagnosis, it is the plug that goes into the front of the compressor, commanding the clutch to lock up. i wiggle the wiring around and it starts the compressor blows ice cold air the second i let it go it clicks off. i tried zip tying it in various different places to make it keep contact and none of it worked, so how far into the harness do i have to go back until i can disconnect it and replace it? id rather not cut and splice if i dont have to, but i am perfectly capable of doing it if i have too.

thanks guys

Reaction score
See if you can make the pins on the connector fit tighter (that was the problem on mine ... just kind of made the female pins just a tad smaller). Either that, or see if you can get a repair pigtail (thought I had a part number for it, but I don't). Cheers!

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I'm kinda having the same issue. Buy my compressor keeps cycling on and off(within seconds of eachother). My buddy told me it olmost had too.much freon in it? Never heard of that.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
Okay I'll try that. But I'm not sure if it's the plug or where the wires go onto it. How far into the harness does the pigtail go?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Okay I'll try that. But I'm not sure if it's the plug or where the wires go onto it. How far into the harness does the pigtail go?

Just buy a new pigtail. I did exactly what you did with.the.zip.tie and.such. bought a new pigtail, apliced it in and no problems since.

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i got it all in and buttoned up, seems to have solved my problem. ill run it for a couple days and see whats up. hopefully im all set now. thanks guys

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Ah I found the plug on my evaporator was loose. Still doesn't blow cold though. Think I'm going to take it to a pro

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Yes it cycles on and off as if its low on 134. My buddy put his gauges on it and he said there was too much freon. But I haven't followed up on him as he also said my fan clutch was bad but it works just dandy.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
if there is to much it will cycle because the system is building pressure to quickly making it cycle on and off. if the fan clutch was bad, it would work fine at speed but when the trucks not moving it wouldnt work very good since there wouldnt be enough airflow to cool the refridgerant

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Well it don't work all that well at any speed. It gets cooler then 95 degrees. But your still sweating in the truck you know?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
yeah my money would be on either to much or to little refrigerant. i would have it tested and recharged. a reputable shop will hook it to a machine that reclaims all the refrigerant, then pulls a vacuum on the system for about a half hour. if it holds the vacuum it recharges the system with refrigerant and you are on your frosty cool way

Latest posts

Members online