how dark are your windows tinted?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
saturday im getting my windows tinted, i want to go fairly dark but i dont want it to be difficult to manuver in the dark. how dark are your windows tinted and would you rather them be darker or lighter?
thanks for the input guys

java

Reaction score
I have 5% tint all the way around and it can be a pain at night especially with the glare of the gauges on the window. But it's amazing during the day.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i was going to go 5% on the back but im pretty sure i want to go lighter on the sides. as well as the top of the windshield. like 20% but i cant really find a comparison anywhere

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
Ive got 5% up front its not too bad but i made the mistake of putting it over the factory tint in the rear. might as well have painted them black can't see a thing at night.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
5% all the way around, over factory tint in the back. Also, a big 5% top and bottom eyebrow. Just get some led reverse bulbs from retro-solutions and you'll be fine.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
the obs windshield isnt as tall as the sd one so i cant do too deep of an eyebrow without it being right in my line of sight. but i dont have any tint at all right now so it will be over clear glass

Pstroke96

Reaction score
If any of you had pics from the inside out i would appreciate it. I know I'm not Thule only one that likes to show off pics of my truck lol

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I do however have retro solution 55w hids in the headlights and fogs. Cree led backup lights as well as high intesity led back up lights on the hitch and on the bed under the tailgate.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342148574061.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342148574061.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 109

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I think 20% all the way around including your entire windshield would look really nice, be plenty dark as to where you can't see in but still be able to see at night

HOOV3R

Reaction score
aefcd0af-9149-b7d2.jpg

It's the best one I have. 5% in damn near direct sun light and it shows the difference with no tint.

I don't know why my phone posts sideways pictures.:banghead:

Last edited:

java

Reaction score
I have retro solution 55w hid's with rigid industries dually LEDs as fogs and retro solution LED backup lights and a rigid dually LED in my receiver hitch. The only problem I have is turning in back country roads or non lighted roads. I also have no tint on the windshield.

584abb07.jpg

a1c9200b.jpg

f17dc756.jpg

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I like that setup!!! more info on lights?

I used to work for whelen engineering. They make led warning lights, work lights etc. The lights on the hitch are actually high intesity led takedown lights for a lightbar. I machined a housing for them. The strip under the hitch is also whelen. Its designed for scene lighting around emergency vehicles. Ill get a picture of the lights shining in the back yard or something... they are freaking bright.

Derail over

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I think 20% all the way around including your entire windshield would look really nice, be plenty dark as to where you can't see in but still be able to see at night

This is what I had in my SD most expensive but my favorite combo.
50% windsheild 20% Windows .

a6890964-bbb8-7e40.jpg

I just put 5% on my pos obs to reduce the heat. No brow(it was only $40)

It's awesome during the day but its kinda a pita at night. But it does look awesome....

a6890964-bb4b-4d3f.jpg

Pstroke96

Reaction score
Im leaning to the 5 on the back then 20 on the sides and eyebrow. I'm sure the place has samples for me to look at

El chupacabra

Reaction score
2% tint all around.

Chad

That's what I got. Hard to see my mirrors at nite plus I have a contractor cap on it with no windows lots of blind spots. But its OK I don't drive it alot at nite I don't think I'd wanna try and plow snow with it.

-Jake-

Latest posts

Members online