How does hydro dipping hold up to abuse?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I'd like to have the "woodgrain" parts of my truck dipped in a tinted clear to make it look like a black woodgrain instead of brown. I know paint will wear off especially where my knee rests on the driver door switch panel but how does hydro dip hold up?

devdiesel

Reaction score
Aslong as its prepped well hydro dipping will hold up as good as any quality automotive paint job. You use automotive clear to seal it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
If someone had some non Platinum trim laying around that wanted Platinum trim we may be able to work something out. I do like the idea of a black woodgrain.

JMart

Reaction score
If someone had some non Platinum trim laying around that wanted Platinum trim we may be able to work something out. I do like the idea of a black woodgrain.

Excuse my ignorance but what all pieces is it? I am bugged by the fact that the Lariat trim only has woodgrain around the radio and the rest of the trim is silver.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I wanna do the switch plates on all 4 doors, the outer dash pieces and the radio bezel. Those brown pieces just look out of place in an all black interior.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ughh...a member sent me some pics of his done in black woodgrain. I HAVE to do it now....it looks amazing.

David1089

Reaction score
I have a king ranch now and the wood grain is horrible! I've considered painting all the wood grain the same color as my truck. The black wood grain would be amazing!

Spatel23

Reaction score
I thought about switching it all over to black wood grain when I got the truck.
Didn't wanna fk with the steering wheel mainly why I gave up

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I have a ghetto ass Wheel Skin on the steering wheel. My hands are bad...the added thickness and getting that hard plastic covered up feels a ton better when I'm driving. I wanted to have it completely covered but 50 bucks vs 4-500 bucks won that debate.

Clean-15

Reaction score
I have a ghetto ass Wheel Skin on the steering wheel. My hands are bad...the added thickness and getting that hard plastic covered up feels a ton better when I'm driving. I wanted to have it completely covered but 50 bucks vs 4-500 bucks won that debate.

Have you seen Dallas Custom Steering wheel? He does amazing work and offers a thicker pad option.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Yep...I talked with them and one other place. Beautiful work but more than I was willing to spend. The Wheelskin added thickness and with some creative stitching there's only a couple of small spots you can tell it's a cover and not the actual upholstery.

smcox1

Reaction score
Wrap it I wrapped trim in my obs with black wood grain and it looks good however they sent me the wrong one and I will be switching it to the one I wanted.

Latest posts

Members online