How far can we go with Stock Rods?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I talked to TS and they said the MP8 would make the situation worse because it lengthens the time the injector is open and would drop the rail pressure more.

What in the *** are you talking about? TS did not say that.

dseitler

Reaction score
Really you were on the phone with me at 1:15 yesterday afternoon with tech support. The man was very helpful and I talked to him for 15 min. He was direct and honest. Do Not correct me if you do not know what you are talking about. I forgot my bad that if you are a member of a forum you know everything.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Really you were on the phone with me at 1:15 yesterday afternoon with tech support. The man was very helpful and I talked to him for 15 min. He was direct and honest. Do Not correct me if you do not know what you are talking about. I forgot my bad that if you are a member of a forum you know everything.

Sorry dude , you're exactly backwards. And he was lying to you. Consider yourself corrected.

dseitler

Reaction score
We just don't understand why you would want to run that setup.. If you put dual fuelers on with a stock turbo, something will let go. More than likely it would be your Turbo and not your rods.
I understand what you are saying about the Turbo. When I go to the dual fuel pumps I should go to the upgraded Turbo. I get that. Can I still do that and stay with the stock rods? The reason I keep asking is I never had the problem with my 7.3, 6.0 or my 6.4. over the years. I really don't want to touch the bottom end.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying about the Turbo. When I go to the dual fuel pumps I should go to the upgraded Turbo. I get that. Can I still do that and stay with the stock rods? The reason I keep asking is I never had the problem with my 7.3, 6.0 or my 6.4. over the years. I really don't want to touch the bottom end.

Depending on your driving style I would say you would be fine. Bigrpower would be the one to talk to. I think he has the exact setup you are looking for and his is holding together just fine. Supposedly a 6.7 with aftermarket charger and dual fuelers will walk a 6.4 from what we have learned.

Dennis Perry

Reaction score
I talked to TS and they said the MP8 would make the situation worse because it lengthens the time the injector is open and would drop the rail pressure more.

Really? Can you tell me who you talked to here that told you that? I worked with BigR on this project and the results are the exact opposite. The MP8 controls rail pressure. It has nothing to do with you duration on the injectors.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Supposedly a 6.7 with aftermarket charger and dual fuelers will walk a 6.4 from what we have learned.

I would sure hope so! A 6.0 with dual pumps and an aftermarket charger will walk a 6.4. I know what you mean though and am just giving you a hard time. LOL

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Not necessarily. Just remember the veterans got there by experience.

MINK

Reaction score
Really? Can you tell me who you talked to here that told you that? I worked with BigR on this project and the results are the exact opposite. The MP8 controls rail pressure. It has nothing to do with you duration on the injectors.

and Dennis sets it straight LOL

dseitler

Reaction score
Just to clear this mess up. I talked to TS again and I was informed that the module they are working on now that will be out soon is the one that will handle injector duration. I miss understood and thought he was talking about the current MP8. Still will not work for my situation. Dual fuel and a turbo is the only thing that can improve my situation.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just to clear this mess up. I talked to TS again and I was informed that the module they are working on now that will be out soon is the one that will handle injector duration. I miss understood and thought he was talking about the current MP8. Still will not work for my situation. Dual fuel and a turbo is the only thing that can improve my situation.

so let me get this straight, your saying the mp8 cannot help your rail pressure issue? how many times do you have to be told that the mp8 CAN help, and mine maintained with 1390 pw with the mp8 turned up where previously my rails were draining at 1220. i gained 19 hp and have dyno graphs to prove it. you dont seem to know what you need, so your best bet is probaly leaving well enough alone until you can afford a built motor.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
To the OP I ran SPEHotX and the mp8 on a stock turbo it maintains rail pressure just fine not to mention it is one of the simplest installs to do. People in this thread are telling you if works from experience.

The Mp8 is much cheaper then dual pumps and you won't run thr risk of popping the stock turbo. For me the choice is simple

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try and see what happens. I don't want to argue about this but I know what I have. If I run past the 1/4 mile by 100 ft my rail pressure will drop from 26400 and tumble to 15000. At 15000 the truck will throw a code. See picture. At this point it will drop to 1900 or 1.9 on the minimax and have dead pedal. Put the truck in neutral shut it off and immediately restart and it will run fine. Bigrpowr I'm not arguing with you just looking for help and are making calls to vendors to try to find answers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 82

WHY NOT

Reaction score
May as well give the MP8 a try. I think your readings on your MM may show incorrectly after it is installed, like it may have a lower number on the reading due to how it "tricks" the computer. Hopefully Mike or someone who has run them to be sure though

dseitler

Reaction score
May as well give the MP8 a try. I think your readings on your MM may show incorrectly after it is installed, like it may have a lower number on the reading due to how it "tricks" the computer. Hopefully Mike or someone who has run them to be sure though
I will give it a try. Talking to SPE the shutting off is a 2013 problem.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I will give it a try. Talking to SPE the shutting off is a 2013 problem.

mines never shut off. i think the number it sees it 27,700 .. you know if youre seeing that or higher that you are maintaining. you will not maintian 1440 pw.

Latest posts

Members online