How much crank case vapor from CCV mod?

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
I have did the crank case vapor mod on my 2008 6.4 with 112k on it. I was wondering how much crank case vapors are you supposed to see whenever it's running coming out of it? I never get any oil dripping from the CCV tube or anything but when I pull in driveway or just stop at red light you can see a haze and after it idles for about 10-20 sec then the haze goes away. Is that normal? Anyone have videos of normal crank case vapors? My truck runs fine and don't have any miss or anything just was curious.

Stroked777

Reaction score
6.4s are known to have "more than normal" blow by. even a brand new motor still has quite a bit, the rule of thumb is if you put your oil fill cap over the hole, just place there, and it doesnt get blown out of the hole then you are still good

johnp115

Reaction score
6.4s are known to have "more than normal" blow by. even a brand new motor still has quite a bit, the rule of thumb is if you put your oil fill cap over the hole, just place there, and it doesnt get blown out of the hole then you are still good

for that test do you leave the ccv as is or do you plug it up?

Stroked777

Reaction score
Yep as is, mine has pretty good blow by and when I did my studs and had the heads off the cylinder walls still looked brand new. So I'm not to worried about mine, when it's time for a build it will be with zero gap rings

Latest posts

Members online