HP TUNERS 6.0 support

Strokin89

Reaction score
I thought we couldnt do on the fly changes like all the other guys because of the way the PCM is setup... True you can do live tuning, but all that is doing is just running the truck, making changed and uploading another SCT tune like normal. Its not on the fly in terms of instant upload/data into the PCM.. right?

I've heard that 6.0's can't change on the fly either but if this tuner can I'm definately wanting one!

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I've heard that 6.0's can't change on the fly either but if this tuner can I'm definately wanting one!

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

You can change tunes while running but the trans doesn't change, thats the problem. I know bully dog has a on the fly file change unit but it doesnt do chit with the transmission computer and the trans will eventually shoot itself in the dik.
Edit* the tune will shoot the transmission in the dik and then laugh about it. Lol

Last edited:

Strokin89

Reaction score
Well that'll work fine for me I gotta stick so I'm still very interested if they can change on the fly

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
idk about change on the fly with hpt but I do know that if it was an option, I would leave my trans tuning identical to how it is now. We have it dialed in pretty good and I always keep it the same with all my tunes.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
The biggest drawback at the moment is that there is not a tuner "devise" so to speak that you can store tunes on and have multiple tunes to switch from. All changes have to be made with the HPTuner VCM suite software. For a person to have the ability to make there own tuning changes you would have to purchase the VCM suite software and hardware for a laptop computer. The hope is for a multi position switch that's a pass thru set up like the CSP5 switch is for Cummins EFI live tuning. What's great is the up front cost for the VCM suite software and hardware is under $1000 and can be used on multiple trucks. They use a credit system for licensing a tune to each vehicle which can cost about $200 per truck.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Kinda what I thought. Right now anyone can buy the SCT Pro Racer or the Sniper setup and tune the $hit outta their truck themselves. You can even get the stuff form PHP if you'd like.

What exactly is sct pro racer and sniper tuning?

fastbee

Reaction score
They are software/hardware packages for tuning vehicles. Both support 6.0 Powerstrokes. I've never personally used either, but have seriously thought about picking one or the other up. I don't know what the pro tuners use, but I imagine its one of them or something similar. Maybe the HP Tuner stuff will go deeper and allow more tables to be played with.

ford rules

Reaction score
I looked into buying both for my Ranger with a 351 Turbo to tune the stock ECU, everything i had head is that they are not very user friendly.
I thoought i remembered the SCT being pretty inexpensize though.

ford rules

Reaction score
I looked into those as well^
If i ever finish it im just gonna use holley HP and scrap the stock ecu.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
For those with SCT devices, SCT has offered the "Pro Race" package since 2004. You have complete control of your tuning. I doubt you'll find more parameters with any other software package.

At our shop, we tune with SCT, EFI Live, and HP tuners. For the Ford's, SCT has as much or more parameters as any other available application.

So, I do agree that other options are great. However, you won't have any more adjustability than you currently have on the market now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.