Hydra chip doesn't fit in an OBS PCM with black cable attached.

rusty1161

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with the Hydra chip fitting in an OBS PCM with the black cable attached? I need to look again, but mine wouldn't fit.

Thanks.

Rusty

dzldoctor

Reaction score
It wont without the "leave in cable" they sell. Wont fit the superduty either. Tried one yesterday.

bucklee00

Reaction score
It's a Bad design.

Just buy a universal cable off eBay with a right angle mini usb on the end. Make sure the RA goes the correct direction.

rusty1161

Reaction score
It's a Bad design.

Just buy a universal cable off eBay with a right angle mini usb on the end. Make sure the RA goes the correct direction.

Is the Ebay one different than this? My Hydra came with the exact same cable.

image.jpg1_zpsbjwdst1r.jpg

Thanks.

Rusty

rusty1161

Reaction score
Well, the next option is done. I trimmed the right angle connector. There is a lot of plastic/rubber that could be trimmed. I shaved off a bunch with a utility knife. I am gonna try to install that tomorrow.

Rusty

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Talked to Bill yesterday at rudys where I bought an extension cable from him. He recommends you split open the PCM to install the chip with the cable, then reinstall back in truck. He said some fit, some dont.

rusty1161

Reaction score
I trimmed the head of the 90* jack and it fit fine. There is plenty of meat there to trim off and I never got close to any wires.

Rusty

Latest posts

Members online