HYDRA CHIP NOT WORKING

Navymm2016

Reaction score
as the title states I bought a Hydra chip last week, got around to the install Sunday pulled pcm and cleaned contacts very well,installed chip re installed pcm.... And the chip does not work. I am getting the wts light and truck operates just fines but my chip won't light up. I mean it's almost like there is no power to it. So being the persistent person I am I pulled pcm cleand contacts and re installed 4 times(5total).. called KT PERFORMANCE.( Bad ass guys just fyi. And was told the tunes I loaded had the wrong hex that's why the chip was not working. Reloaded tunes and nothing. I NEED HELP FELLAS...

heavydoc

Reaction score
You cleaned the contacts 5 times, with what and do the board contacts showing copper or silver color. It should be showing silver color, copper is way to far and may be loosing connection. The codes match the 4 digit code on your PCM. Example PCM shows a NAW4 hex code and all downloaded codes match for a NAW4 correct.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Wrong codes won't cause it to do that. You've got a chip to pcm connection issue. You cleaned both sides of the pcm computer board?

Navymm2016

Reaction score
Yes, cleand both sides very well I was a bit cautious so I started to see very little copper and backed off. Also the slector lights up when plugged into the computer... While the keys are on the seat!! Thank you fellas for the reply! That's why I love this site!!!

dsberman94

Reaction score
Call power hungry directly. You may just have a bad chip. They'll know more about it than any of the other companies since they are the ones that designed them.

Navymm2016

Reaction score
I'm just worried that like a lot of other companies they are going to try and get me to be paying for another chip... Anyhow I'll keep y'all posted

Vengeance

Reaction score
I have heard a thing or two about this Bill guy at PHP.

Main thing I heard was that he was very jealous of Tony of Total Diesel Performance. He is jealous of the fact that Tony is tall, much better looking and has great hair.

The other thing I heard was that he is a stand up guy that backs his product and will take care of any issues.

dsberman94

Reaction score
They will never make you pay for another one. Read many cases where they've simply said that the customer had a bad chip and just sent another one out. PHP is in Georgia last I knew. Southern hospitality.

Navymm2016

Reaction score
Well sense I am property of uncle Sam I still have yet to call good ol USN time frames. You guys rock though.

Reaction score
You probably have a bad ribbon cable. Try this: Chip out of the truck leave the switch connected to the chip and power it up via usb cable and Hydraflash. If the switch doesn't power up you either have a bad switch or ribbon cable.

Chatham036

Reaction score
I think I spoke to you on the phone this morning.
If it was not you, please give us a call so we can get you up and running!

Jay
678-890-1110

Latest posts

Members online