I fabbed some bellowed up-pipes today

blaze42069

Reaction score
Just an update

So I got back to the uppipes again and before installing I put a straight edge on it and realized it was warped from the heat:lame:. So off to the machine shop I had to go. Get a call a couple days later to pick up. I show up to a 226$ bill:jawdrop::fustrate:. So the lesson of this story is I could of ordered a nice SS set of uppipes for 500$, but trying it diy was not financially worth it. The knowledge and experience are priceless so I can't really complain too much. Now I know 1/2" plate can warp,lol.
I got the bellows from a Canadian supply company for about 75$. Only about 300$ investment, but for 200$ more SS would've been way better.
Thanks for everyone's input, it's appreciated emensly.

kanuck15

Reaction score
this right here is why I avoided the one piece design. I was afraid of warpage and fitment issues. I remember fitting an irate t4 mount in there and it was tight. So the more pieces the better I figured. Although on the stand I may just go and weld mine out 1 piece. 1 and done

blaze42069

Reaction score
this right here is why I avoided the one piece design. I was afraid of warpage and fitment issues. I remember fitting an irate t4 mount in there and it was tight. So the more pieces the better I figured. Although on the stand I may just go and weld mine out 1 piece. 1 and done

Good call man, save urself my headache. I just couldn't live with those donut gaskets. I like doing stuff the hard way I guess. All good now tho.

kanuck15

Reaction score
Well my though about those donuts are once the bellow is doing the moving and the pipe is welded fast to the slip collar its just a gasket. What causes them to fail is the pipe moving against the donut. Obviously wearing it down. We will see what happens though. I just copied the riff raff pipes I saw.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Well my though about those donuts are once the bellow is doing the moving and the pipe is welded fast to the slip collar its just a gasket. What causes them to fail is the pipe moving against the donut. Obviously wearing it down. We will see what happens though. I just copied the riff raff pipes I saw.

I've seen many guys do it your way and you should be fine.
Clean and simple.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got mine back from shop.

image_zps806be470.jpg

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Thought about doing passenger side, but didn't have room and just overkill.

Latest posts

Members online