I have joined the ranks...

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
2013 CCLB F-350 DRW 6.7. Lariat Ultimate (with ballsac coolers!!!)

I am not crazy about the chrome package... But this is everything else that I wanted. I took all of the tinted lights off of the 450 and brought them over. These headlights really are horrible looking... I'll get some painted ones soon.

What is everyone using for tuners? I need to delete this thing. H&S?

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    734.6 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 284

webb06

Reaction score
Looks sweet! Wish they still put the aluminum 19.5's on the 450's though. Anybody know why they quit with that?

Jason

Reaction score
Which is retarded. If you're buying a truck for the towing/carrying capacity, you aren't wanting a plush cadillac ride. I test drove a '09 450 pickup, and it didn't ride any worse than my '02 f250. Also, the rpm with the 4.30's wasn't too high 'like 2200-2300 at 70, so the whole "oh man the rpm are through the roof" argument goes out the window. Some people...

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Looks sweet! Wish they still put the aluminum 19.5's on the 450's though. Anybody know why they quit with that?

I thought is was because they were only speed rated to 80mph. And that's what the truck was limited to.

Corb, nice looking truck. For tuners H&S since they will have more tune options due to mcc. Or just drive it that way I'd it breaks ford fixes it. But I understand that is no fun.

It's all about wheel speed and torque.
KCCO

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Yeah, 3.73 is def more than enough. If you found yourself up hill, with a load, at 60 mph in my 450, the 4.30s would keep you in od, but the 3.73s would likely have you shifting all over the place... but now with the M mode on the shifter, just click the gear that you wanna be in, and she will hold... And the Dana 110 axles no longer being offered, nor the 19.5 rims... paying the extra money JUST to get 4.30 gears, is not worth it to me... That why I opted for the 350...

It def does not need more power. I just wanna ditch the coffee straw size exhaust that she is breathing through... And I really dont like the crappy fuel economy AND having to buy DEF every oil change...

Reaction score
Yeah, 3.73 is def more than enough. If you found yourself up hill, with a load, at 60 mph in my 450, the 4.30s would keep you in od, but the 3.73s would likely have you shifting all over the place... but now with the M mode on the shifter, just click the gear that you wanna be in, and she will hold... And the Dana 110 axles no longer being offered, nor the 19.5 rims... paying the extra money JUST to get 4.30 gears, is not worth it to me... That why I opted for the 350...

It def does not need more power. I just wanna ditch the coffee straw size exhaust that she is breathing through... And I really dont like the crappy fuel economy AND having to buy DEF every oil change...

My 2011 f350 had the 3.73 and I pulled 24k with it all the time. It did well. On the interstate over 70 mph I let it have 6th. But if I was on two lanes I just locked out 6th and let it shift 1-5 automatically. Really the best of both worlds IMO. Mine would get 15-16 mpg unloaded with no tuner also. Just give it 5k or so to break in. The mileage will come up. I only had to put def in it every 5-6k and I had a trailer hooked to it over 50% of its lifetime by the trailer log on the dash.

Nice truck corb. I think you will like it.

Oh yeah and here's the remedy for the little tires. I put these on a customers new '13.

urahanah.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online