I have joined the ranks...

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
BTW...... Since I had a 450 (commercial size truck) USAA could not cover it, so I had gotten with Progressive... Well, they blasted me for about $2800 a year, on the 450 alone, everything else that I have, bikes, 250, boat, rv, is with USAA Ins... But everything else, combined was less that 2 K a year... Now, with the 350, I put it on USAA, and lo and beyhold!!! My usaa went up a measly 209 every 6 months, 418 a year... VS $2800 a year with progressive..... More money for upgrades.... LOL

Hell yea, can't beat that

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Yeah, 3.73 is def more than enough. If you found yourself up hill, with a load, at 60 mph in my 450, the 4.30s would keep you in od, but the 3.73s would likely have you shifting all over the place... but now with the M mode on the shifter, just click the gear that you wanna be in, and she will hold... And the Dana 110 axles no longer being offered, nor the 19.5 rims... paying the extra money JUST to get 4.30 gears, is not worth it to me... That why I opted for the 350...

It def does not need more power. I just wanna ditch the coffee straw size exhaust that she is breathing through... And I really dont like the crappy fuel economy AND having to buy DEF every oil change...

I'm pretty sure only the commercial f450-f550 have the option of 19.5" wheels.

BTW, I think I like your new truck better than your old harley. :clapping:

Elliott

Reaction score
Deleting the DPF and other emissions equipment on these trucks seems hit or miss for mechanical issues.. There are guys that run trouble-free for miles and miles, and the next guy's truck piles up a turbo shorty after they install the delete and tune them, doesn't seem to be specific to one brand of tuning either... I'm playing it safe for now and leaving my '12 stock.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Deleting the DPF and other emissions equipment on these trucks seems hit or miss for mechanical issues.. There are guys that run trouble-free for miles and miles, and the next guy's truck piles up a turbo shorty after they install the delete and tune them, doesn't seem to be specific to one brand of tuning either... I'm playing it safe for now and leaving my '12 stock.

I think its mostly driving habits

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I think its mostly driving habits

That is what I am thinking as well. This rig is already faster and more powerful that the 450 was... Bone stock. accelerates quicker, and not as violent, and I havent even turned the traction control off but once.... or twice... LOL I don't need or want a race tune, or even a hot street tune. Stock with DPF/DOC delete is more than enough for this rig. I'll keep the piping, and if there are any issues, bam... she will go right back on. I would def like better fuel mileage though, and if a delete will get me 2-3 better, then I am all for it. However, even in stock form, I get 15... which is better than the 13-14 I got in the 450... Ill keep a good MPG log when I go to TS this weekend, and see what she does on the highway at 70, which is as fast as I would go on the highway with the 450...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That is what I am thinking as well. This rig is already faster and more powerful that the 450 was... Bone stock. accelerates quicker, and not as violent, and I havent even turned the traction control off but once.... or twice... LOL I don't need or want a race tune, or even a hot street tune. Stock with DPF/DOC delete is more than enough for this rig. I'll keep the piping, and if there are any issues, bam... she will go right back on. I would def like better fuel mileage though, and if a delete will get me 2-3 better, then I am all for it. However, even in stock form, I get 15... which is better than the 13-14 I got in the 450... Ill keep a good MPG log when I go to TS this weekend, and see what she does on the highway at 70, which is as fast as I would go on the highway with the 450...

I'm very happy with mine too esp with a trailer.

Give it 10k ,miles the millage will come up a bit

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Dodge with a hemi, GOV aka POS, pulling a 3 k Dog Trailer, also a GOV piece, gets stuck in sand. "Too heavy!" is what the "experts" said... I pulled the GOV out of the sand, after he has already disconnected the trailer... And backed her up, snapped the trailer on, and 4 hi puled her right on out... I am loving the 350... "Too heavy!" was my reply to the "experts".....

Latest posts

Members online