I have no heat in the Bronco

Pstroke96

Reaction score
so, we have been putting the miles on the bronco its a 96 5.0 for about a month now and we finally needed to put the heat on, and we had nothing, felt pretty much like it was on vent. figuring my truck did the same thing, i replaced the thermostat and still no change. ive been up under the dash, all of the doors are moving, im getting decent airflow out of all of the vents, its just not hot. i got it up to temperature, the hoses are hot. but the only one hose to the heater core has any temperature in it. im pretty sure i got all of the air out of the system, is there any tricks i dont know that i have to do? id rather not replace the heater core if i dont have to but if its clogged its clogged. let me know what you think. thanks guys

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hmmmm? Does it have a heater valve going to the ac like the rangers? I would have said thermostat.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Does it have flow through the heater core? I'd start there.

That's kinda where I was headed when the coolant valve going to the heater core. It's an old.Bronco not much to go.wrong.

Wait a second, does this thing have the dual climate control? If so, could be solenoid troubles.

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
If one heater core hose is hot and one is cold then trace the cold one from the heater core back to the engine and see if there is a valve in-line. If not then the heater core is blocked up. You could try reverse flushing it to see if you can clear it out otherwise you are looking at a new heater core.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
That's what I was figuring I just wanted to make sure It wasn't still airbound. I'm honing to try and back flush just the core and if that doesn't work ill just replace it. They are cheaper than I thought

Pstroke96

Reaction score
well i tackled the core today, it was far easier than i expected it to be. i yanked the glove box out and on the airbox there is a cover, six screws and its off. pull the lines off under the hood, and slide it out. i was going to flush it until i called the parts house and a new one is just 25 bucks. so i didnt bother fussing with the old one. burped the air out again and im in business.

Latest posts

Members online