I have some plans for this site....

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
But would really like to hear what you all would like to see? My first plan is to get as many as the older members back as I can. That of course will be tough, but doable. The other is to add on a few more cool add ons that will be cool for the site.

Any of you have an ideas?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Getting some of the older members back would be great.

Ideas.

Hp calculator.

A way to send pictures through PMs. If this has been addressed already let me know.

Vender options, premium, for those that want the whole package vs basic, for those that just want to be a sponsor but do not want/need to have all the frills.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I agree with bring the hp calculator back. It was a fairly accurate one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Lmao. I legit have no idea what hp calculator was/is

CompD has one on their search bar if you want to take a look.

Never mind. Let me just drop in a couple screen shots of it.
Screenshot_20220310-203106_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220310-203113_Chrome.jpg

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I do have a question, why do I have insufficient privileges to reply to certain posts when I have info or input?

I e had this happen several times now too. At first I thought it was something funky with my phone as it had just updated, and actually pmed shaggy about it, only to find it was select posts. Thought it was the whole 6.4 section as 2 of the newer ones I was going to reply to were in there, but then found out there wasn’t issues with some older ones. It is odd…

ncollins64

Reaction score
I e had this happen several times now too. At first I thought it was something funky with my phone as it had just updated, and actually pmed shaggy about it, only to find it was select posts. Thought it was the whole 6.4 section as 2 of the newer ones I was going to reply to were in there, but then found out there wasn’t issues with some older ones. It is odd…

Yea it’s aggravating, still not a fan of this platform yet. Don’t know if I ever will be.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I do have a question, why do I have insufficient privileges to reply to certain posts when I have info or input?

What sections are you having issues with? This is all still converting to the new software issues that I am getting ironed out. Just need to know where you can't post.

ncollins64

Reaction score
What sections are you having issues with? This is all still converting to the new software issues that I am getting ironed out. Just need to know where you can't post.
Honestly it’s just random posts. Some in the 6.7 section, some 6.4 it’s just all over. It just says I have insufficient privileges to reply.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score

It sounds like he’s having the same issue I was. There were 2 posts in the 6.4 section I had tried replying to, both seemed to be fairly straightforward questions with a stupid answer, and couldn’t, then I had one recently in the 6.7 section I think as well.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
It sounds like he’s having the same issue I was. There were 2 posts in the 6.4 section I had tried replying to, both seemed to be fairly straightforward questions with a stupid answer, and couldn’t, then I had one recently in the 6.7 section I think as well.

Same here.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Maybe I’m the minority. But bring back the stickers/shirts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My PSA sweatshirt has seen a few engine swaps and is looking haggard. I could use another and some more stickers. I'll buy a new PSA sweatshirt and some stickers and rep it at every 603 diesels event I hit this year if they make a comeback.

Shaggy, I remember you from GMFS, how's it going?

Between facebook and discord, forums are getting squeezed. And it sucks, it's a great informational layout.
CGM, and GMFS, in the old software, I wanna say vbulletin, had a chatbox that was pretty popular. Doesn't save anything, was pretty basic but was great for general banter and kept the active members pretty active. It was almost like a private groupchat for the "in crowd" but anyone who had i think like a hundred posts could get in. I know a bunch of us used to just leave a page with the chatbox on our computers at work or school all day and chitchatted, that must have drove up some numbers for the site.

I know my participation has waned on every forum I'm on heavily. I got in a groupchat with some truck guys from instagram, and it takes up a lot of the time I used to spend on tapatalk. Plus instagram is becoming more of a time suck. I try to stay off facebook but it keeps trying to get me.

I think another issue is this seems to be a very motorsport-heavy board, at least with some of the folks still active, and certain basic performance mods are quickly became a taboo subject to talk about in open company.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
I peeled mine because I thought I wanted to go super clean but I regretted it later.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Did you ever link me to the thread that was giving up problems? This also might be a tapatalk issue. Could you do me a favor and try to reply to the same thread on your phone's browser if/when the permissions issue comes up again.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My PSA sweatshirt has seen a few engine swaps and is looking haggard. I could use another and some more stickers. I'll buy a new PSA sweatshirt and some stickers and rep it at every 603 diesels event I hit this year if they make a comeback.

Shaggy, I remember you from GMFS, how's it going?

Between facebook and discord, forums are getting squeezed. And it sucks, it's a great informational layout.
CGM, and GMFS, in the old software, I wanna say vbulletin, had a chatbox that was pretty popular. Doesn't save anything, was pretty basic but was great for general banter and kept the active members pretty active. It was almost like a private groupchat for the "in crowd" but anyone who had i think like a hundred posts could get in. I know a bunch of us used to just leave a page with the chatbox on our computers at work or school all day and chitchatted, that must have drove up some numbers for the site.

I know my participation has waned on every forum I'm on heavily. I got in a groupchat with some truck guys from instagram, and it takes up a lot of the time I used to spend on tapatalk. Plus instagram is becoming more of a time suck. I try to stay off facebook but it keeps trying to get me.

I think another issue is this seems to be a very motorsport-heavy board, at least with some of the folks still active, and certain basic performance mods are quickly became a taboo subject to talk about in open company.

Yep. Really enjoyed GMFS! It got me started in all this auto/forum stuff!

The chatroom doesn't help the forum, it hurts it. People wouldn't post to the forum anymore and spend most of their time in the chatroom. No new posts on the forum is not a good thing.

Latest posts

Members online