I need a 58 volt FICM asap!

Cowboy Troy

Reaction score
I have a 03 6.0 with a bad FICM and I wanted the bulletproof one but its only for 04.5 and newer. I know swamps makes one but you have to send in your old one and they fix it. Who else sells a good one?

Dave

Reaction score
I have a 03 6.0 with a bad FICM and I wanted the bulletproof one but its only for 04.5 and newer. I know swamps makes one but you have to send in your old one and they fix it. Who else sells a good one?

Get your hands on a four screw logic board.

Run the BPD unit

Dave

Reaction score
BPD may have some, Otherwise find someone with a 4 screw core

a2elvis

Reaction score

Give BPD a call I bet they can get a 4 pin FICM logic board for you.

Zmann

Reaction score
I seen their storage room they have tons LOL

but even if they parted with one it would need programed for your truck

Zmann

Reaction score
Nope. Swap the board in and go

I don't agree the logic side needs to Be programmed
I even offered to buy a complete unit and they confirmed that the power supply is the easy side the other half would need programed to the truck

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I don't agree the logic side needs to Be programmed
I even offered to buy a complete unit and they confirmed that the power supply is the easy side the other half would need programed to the truck

Well technically you're both right to a point. The logic board is what stores the software, not the power supply, this is a common misconception.

Dave is right if the logic board came from a used ficm, good or bad. If the ficm is bad it means the power supply failed, not the logic board, so the power supply (what BPD offers) will work with the old logic board.

If the Logic board is new from Ford, youre correct Zmann it has to be reprogrammed. Im not sure if the logic board half is available from Ford anymore, if it is its too expensive. You can just buy a core/bad 4 pin ficm and take the logic board from it and put it into the BPD half shell power supply. However you never know what flash is on the logic board, but youre better off tuning it anyways :slap:

Zmann

Reaction score
well actually a used logic board may have the wrong programing for the intended donor so it may need re programed to work

but if it's the original half shell from the truck then swap and roll .. but these guys needing the 4 pin will likely need a FICM flash

no dispute just good ole conversation

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ahhh hell i caused a dispute! :doh:

Nope! Just clarifying, like what Zmann said.

well actually a used logic board may have the wrong programing for the intended donor so it may need re programed to work

but if it's the original half shell from the truck then swap and roll .. but these guys needing the 4 pin will likely need a FICM flash

no dispute just good ole conversation

The programming still will not matter, if the logic board has a early flash than thats a good thing, it will just throw a calibration sync error when hooked to IDS, which is fine. This is what happens when you flashback the ficm from a recent flash to a early flash. This in no way hurts the truck and doesnt need to be reprogrammed, it will work just fine. That being said It wont matter if the half shell is from the original truck, it can be from a good, or bad 4 pin ficm.

People with 7 pin's cant use their logic board, since its not a split shell, so theyre screwed unless they pick up a core and use the logic half shell with the BPD supply shell. :ford:

Hopefully this helps.

Zmann

Reaction score
Hmm when I was at Bulletproof I thought i saw a load of 1/2 shells with 7 and 4 pin?

I also thought They stated even if I bought the whole unit it would need flashed ,, and they didn't have the capability .. yet ,, I know they were talking with PHP ,, but that could take years LOL

anyway I may have miss enterpreted some info .. I was kind of excited to get the new BPD FICM LOL

Latest posts

Members online