I think I am defueling at 24psi...

George4

Reaction score
This is kind of a derail but how do you like your innovative tunes? Anything you don't like about them? Smokey at all? Touchy throttle? Curious because I'll be ordering them soon.

I had only ran them for a little bit last night, so I not sure on how much they smoke. But I notice that they are softer shifting than my other custom tunes, more stock like. But I can say that from a dead stop to about 90mph my egts just touched 1200*. I also did not notice a real difference in between the xtream x and xtream street. But like I said I still don't have much seat time with them. But I am happy with how well the they drive, they are well mannered and not too touchie but when you put you foot to the floor they really let her have it. I think both of these tunes are powerful tunes that could be daily driven. I still need to checkout my other tunes that they wrote, race and tow.

Last edited:

George4

Reaction score
P0603 Internal Control Module KAM Error

you will get this code when you un hook the batteries and/or PCM... it will go away after a while...

Then do you have any ideas why I get the CEL when I boost over 24psi? It will go out soon after if I keep driving. That was just the code I read on the scanner, but I guess it is not related then.

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
The 0603 code comes with disconnecting your battery, pcm, ****ty batteries, etc.... that code doesnt activate the CEL. That or you may have read/remembered/wrote the code down incorrectly???

Charles

Reaction score
The stock sensor seriously won't read over 24psig? I was thinking 30 to 35 or so is what the sensor would actually read to after you told the PCM to STFU after 24...

No???

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
The stock sensor seriously won't read over 24psig? I was thinking 30 to 35 or so is what the sensor would actually read to after you told the PCM to STFU after 24...

No???
It will read past 24, my edge cts would show 29-30 before I got my mechanical boost gauge.
Mechanical boost gauge and get a boost fooler if the light coming on at 24lbs is that big of an issue for you.

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
It will read past 24, my edge cts would show 29-30 before I got my mechanical boost gauge.
Mechanical boost gauge and get a boost fooler if the light coming on at 24lbs is that big of an issue for you.

No, if the map sensor reads that high, then you would just turn the parameter off that defuels at 24psi and let the monitor he has read the correct boost.

No defueling, no ses/cel light and no gauge to buy and mount. This is assuming the truck doesn't exceed say 30psi, or that he cared to monitor it if it did.

On Edit: I answered my own question.... I have the defuel turned off in the programs I wrote for my 550 (thanks Matt) and I have read boost in the 27 to 28psi range on my AE. Forgot about that. Who came up with this 24psi max sh*t for the map sensor? Who is "Nobody Special"?

Last edited:

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
What mine does....DP Tuner on any +hp tune....Truck hits 22-25lbs, CEL comes on with overboost code....it does NOT de-fuel. A couple minutes later and the light will go out...or I can clear it with the CTS. Using My CTS as gauges..... with the DP Tuner, the CTS will read above 25lbs, I believe the highest I've seen it read was 30, 31, somewhere around there, so to answer the OP's question, yes, the MAP sensor will read above 24lbs as long as the de-fuel is shut off.

I was under the impression that the CEL cannot be turned off with the tunes, but only the de-fuel can, as when the MAP sees whatever magical number that trips the computer to de-fuel because of overboost, it sends a voltage to the CEL to come on. And the only way to prevent the light from coming on, is to install a (insert brand name here) regulator, so that the map sensor never sees above around 22lbs no matter how much boost it is actually pushing. At least thats what the tuners I have talked to told me.

Nobody Special

Reaction score
My bad...

2 bar is 29 PSI.

3-bar MAP sensor that is able to measure 1 bar vacuum.

That's provided that the voltage drop through the sensor and related wiring is able to allow 4.9x volts back to the PCM (and then the light comes on if not "fixed").

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

OP...are you sure there's not a P1211 hiding in there somewhere?

Last edited:

Nobody Special

Reaction score
Who is "Nobody Special"?

The name is Cody (and no, I am not trying to hide anything about my identity).

The registration was already supposed to be "set up" according to Corey, my boss. She told me that shortly after Power Hungry Performance became a sponsor of PSA. Since I tried for a very long time to ditch the forum habit, I didn't register earlier.

So, after a bunch of "lurking", I decided to register. For some odd reason "PHPDiesel" wouldn't take. After a while of thinking about it, I decided that a screen name wasn't important and since I really am nobody special, I chose that name. Besides, it really irks the heck out of me when a people associated with sponsoring the forum do little more than pimp products rather than interject information. I'm not a salesperson. I don't have the mindset or skills to do that. I just do tuning.

Again, I apologize for getting my pressure values wrong. I haven't looked into that stuff for better than five (including the time I wasn't being paid to write it) years. It sucks getting old.......

Edited to change the wording a little.

Last edited:

George4

Reaction score
This is kind of a derail but how do you like your innovative tunes? Anything you don't like about them? Smokey at all? Touchy throttle? Curious because I'll be ordering them soon.

I played on the way to work today to find that I am having some issues, but hope to get it taken care of. I am having issues with them falling on there face at 3k with the xtream x and xtream street tunes. I called to tell them about it to only be told its my truck not having enough fuel. I told them what setup I have with a stock fuel system when I ordered the tunes, but he wanted to sell me a upgraded fuel system, saying that that would fix it. I don't get it, my other custom tunes are faster and smoke a little more so I know I don't have a fuel problem. I think I just need to talk to someone else, I wish I could rember this guys name. I know Shane took my order and seemed to know his stuff, but I am not sure about who ever I spoke with today. But I am not giving up on them, I just will call back on monday to get it taken care of. I still need to try out the tow and xtream race tune to see if there are issues with them too.

George4

Reaction score
The name is Cody (and no, I am not trying to hide anything about my identity).

The registration was already supposed to be "set up" according to Corey, my boss. She told me that shortly after Power Hungry Performance became a sponsor of PSA. Since I tried for a very long time to ditch the forum habit, I didn't register earlier.

So, after a bunch of "lurking", I decided to register. For some odd reason "PHPDiesel" wouldn't take. After a while of thinking about it, I decided that a screen name wasn't important and since I really am nobody special, I chose that name. Besides, it really irks the heck out of me when a people associated with sponsoring the forum do little more than pimp products rather than interject information. I'm not a salesperson. I don't have the mindset or skills to do that. I just do tuning.

Again, I apologize for getting my pressure values wrong. I haven't looked into that stuff for better than five (including the time I wasn't being paid to write it) years. It sucks getting old.......

Edited to change the wording a little.

So you work at PHP? I was trying to get them to make some tunes for me since Jan 17th without one reply to date. So I looked somewhere else.

Last edited:

Nobody Special

Reaction score
So you work at PHP? I was trying to get them to make some tunes for me since Jan 17th without one reply to date. So I looked somewhere else.

Not at PHP. I live and work 2000 miles from their location. I have been writing 7.3L tuning for them part-time on evenings and weekends for the last three years when I don't have any local repairs to do after my full-time job (Boils down to two-and-a-half jobs).

All I receive is order forms and invoices for tuning. I'm sorry nothing came of your PHP quest.

Last edited:

Arisley

Reaction score
What mine does....DP Tuner on any +hp tune....Truck hits 22-25lbs, CEL comes on with overboost code....it does NOT de-fuel. A couple minutes later and the light will go out...or I can clear it with the CTS. Using My CTS as gauges..... with the DP Tuner, the CTS will read above 25lbs, I believe the highest I've seen it read was 30, 31, somewhere around there, so to answer the OP's question, yes, the MAP sensor will read above 24lbs as long as the de-fuel is shut off.

I was under the impression that the CEL cannot be turned off with the tunes, but only the de-fuel can, as when the MAP sees whatever magical number that trips the computer to de-fuel because of overboost, it sends a voltage to the CEL to come on. And the only way to prevent the light from coming on, is to install a (insert brand name here) regulator, so that the map sensor never sees above around 22lbs no matter how much boost it is actually pushing. At least thats what the tuners I have talked to told me.

As far as I know, Matt at Gearhead it the only guy that can turn the overboost light out with tuning.

Nobody Special

Reaction score
As far as I know, Matt at Gearhead it the only guy that can turn the overboost light out with tuning.

PHP has been doing it for years. That's where my earlier, incorrect number came from. I haven't had to deal with it in so long that I had a brain fart about boost pressure for defuel vs. max reading.

Such is life I guess.

jaybuller

Reaction score
I got the same thing happening to my truck. I have php tunes. I get the lite at around 24psi. I'm not sure I'm defusing though cause I can hold the hammer down and boost will hold around 33 psi but the cel is on the whole time with the over boost. I would have thought if I was defueling it wouldn't let me go up to 33psi and continue to hold there.....and Cody Im using the standard tunes from the hydra list for my hex.... So no custom stuff. But I talked to bill about it last week and he said he would get around to fixing it.

Arisley

Reaction score
If you defuel, you know it. The computer stops firing the injectors, the motor falls flat on it's face until boost comes down.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.