I think they went to far

Crack85

Reaction score
I've heard differently.

How will it stand up in court??? If he says he was driving through and in his state there is no vehicle inspections. ?? Georgia state patrol cant tell him he cant drive through georgia on the nations highway because of his tint/headlights.

ToMang07

Reaction score
How will it stand up in court??? If he says he was driving through and in his state there is no vehicle inspections. ?? Georgia state patrol cant tell him he cant drive through georgia on the nations highway because of his tint/headlights.

Federal/DOT regulations. State inspections are totally different. Plus they can have local ordinances/codes. I ran into that a lot when I had my bike. :fustrate:

Jonnydime

Reaction score
(1) Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with at least two headlamps with at least one on each side of the front of the motor vehicle, which headlamps shall comply with the requirements and limitations set forth in this chapter, and shall show a white light. An object, material, or covering that alters the headlamp's light color may not be placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied over a headlamp.

That is the Florida Statue. I did not alter the color of the light as it still shows through as white. The statue would be up to interpretation by the Leo and he could give me a ticket. But in court I would most likely win. Like I said earlier I will probably take them back to the body shop to be redone in a lighter shade.

And by the way I like my bug deflector and will keep it.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Because I didn't alter the color of the light. The law was ment to keep people like ricers from driving around with blue, purple, red, orange, green color lights and so on. Tinting/smoking your headlight lens does not alter the color of the light being produced it does decrease it though. But no more then some sun aged lights if not less.

rc4wd

Reaction score
Obviously you've neve been to court in Georgia, bout the only way you will win in court is to prove to the judge that you have replaced the parts with something that is legal. As far as the Florida tag goes if I am driving through Florida pulling a trailer with Georgia tags, if the truck and trailer is illegal by Floridas laws and regulations I can be written a citation it doesn't matter where you are from it's based upon the regulations where you are at. That's about like me getting pulled over in Florida for speeding and telling the Leo that he can't write me a citation because I'm not used to that road because I'm not from around here, it ain't gone change a thing.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
If I am just passing through I would like to think I would be okay. Think of states that require front and rear license plates will I get a ticket in those states for only having a tag on the rear? I know with window tint that if it's legal in my home state I can drive through other states legally.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Let's say you're on a motorcycle in a state that doesn't require a helmet. You then pass into a state that does. Does the state law of the state you are now traveling in apply to you? You bet it does. Same goes for tractor trailers. Some states prohibit triple axles. If you are on a highway in a state, you must abide by that state's safety laws. Assuming that safety includes window tint and tinted lights, you would be subject to being fined. You would not have to appear in court (unless you wanted to fight it), but you would probably have to pay the fine. I would assume that a lot of state patrol officers would let you off with a warning. I'm almost certain they can write you a ticket though. I'll find out for sure.

Nic

Reaction score
Let's say you're on a motorcycle in a state that doesn't require a helmet. You then pass into a state that does. Does the state law of the state you are now traveling in apply to you? You bet it does. Same goes for tractor trailers. Some states prohibit triple axles. If you are on a highway in a state, you must abide by that state's safety laws. Assuming that safety includes window tint and tinted lights, you would be subject to being fined. You would not have to appear in court (unless you wanted to fight it), but you would probably have to pay the fine. I would assume that a lot of state patrol officers would let you off with a warning. I'm almost certain they can write you a ticket though. I'll find out for sure.

good point..

Jonnydime

Reaction score
That is why I said it would be up to the Leo's discretion. I am not saying that I am above the law in Georgia because I have a pickup registered in Florida. In the end it is all up to the Leo. A CHP officer could give me a ticket in Cali for not having mud flaps. Would he? I don't know but if every officer followed the law to a tee we would not be able to make it 5 miles down the road without ending in the back seat of a cruiser.

Latest posts

Members online