Icon rear leaf questions

jaynick1

Reaction score
Tried searching for specifics but couldn't find much...

Current setup is listed in my signature with 6 inch rear blocks.

I love the way the front of my truck rides with the ICON 4.5 coils and fox 2.0s. I have be eyeing the Icon 5 inch lift leafs, and the carli ones as well to eliminate the rear block, and improve ride quality. I know I will lose my current air bag setup, and lose some towing ability, but I plan on eventually going with the carli extended length air bags before my next PCS.

Question is anyone running either the carli or icon rear leafs? The price is relatively the same, although I can probably get the icons for a couple hundred cheaper.

Reviews on said leafs? Thanks!

Notneb

Reaction score
Not sure if Icon uses Deaver for rear leafs, BUT I'm going to make an educated guess and say yes, because my BDS 4" lift on my '12 used Deaver rears, and they're owned by Icon.

So I can actually give you two reviews: One on the 4" BDS full rear deaver leafs on my 2012 CCSB, and another on my current 2.5" Carli full rear deavers on my 2015 CCSB.

Honestly the only big difference where the rear leafs were concerned is the 4" was a little softer, just because more travel. They both ride like a freaking cloud.
019_zpsg0cax9tu.jpg

You can see here just how MASSIVE the Deaver leaf packs are.
014_zpshtsko0jx.jpg

Compared to the stock leafs in the foreground, the Deavers are about 3x their size.

As far as the difference you'll see/notice: Night and Day. The rear of the truck will always stay planted, yet still eat bumps, dips, washboard, etc. like it's nothing. I cannot stress enough how amazing a full rear leaf pack is vs blocks, you just cannot believe it until you experience it. You will NEVER go back to blocks again. 3 trucks now and I damn sure haven't :p

jaynick1

Reaction score
Ok that's what I expected haha.

Noob question, but when people refers to Deavers they are referring to a full replacement leaf spring right? Not add a leafs?

Notneb

Reaction score
Ok that's what I expected haha.

Noob question, but when people refers to Deavers they are referring to a full replacement leaf spring right? Not add a leafs?

Deaver is the company that makes aftermarket rear replacement leaf packs. So yes, when we say Deavers, it means a full rear leaf pack, not an add-a-leaf pack.

Notneb

Reaction score
Ahh, got it. So the BDS is just a 4 inch version of the Icon 5 inch?

I'm not familiar with Icon's lifts, just that BDS is owned by them, so someone who's actually got an Icon 5" would have to answer that.

Notneb

Reaction score
Are you sure Icon owns BDS?

Nope, I'm not, I'm thinking Zone, which is owned by BDS/Sport Truck USA. I knew something about that didn't feel right, OP sorry for the misinformation on that part. HOWEVER I did just look it up and Deaver is indeed the leaf springs Icon uses.

Layson

Reaction score
LOL... no biggie...

I don't know if Icon uses Deaver anymore. They used to back in the day.

jaynick1

Reaction score
Makes more sense now...went down a rabbit hole googling for a while. I knew one of the bigger companies owned BDS and Icon sounded right.

So are the BDS sold as a "progressive" spring? And there catalog only showed a 3" lift spring.

Another question came to mind, if I remove the 6 inch block for the 5 inch Icons will my truck sit level? Or will I have to reinstall the factory block?

I would rather castrate myself than have a squatting truck.

Notneb

Reaction score
Icon is not affiliated with BDS or Zone. However Zone is the lower priced line of BDS, Fox and BDS have also teamed up and become one.

We've established this, AS IF I DON'T FEEL STUPID ENOUGH!!! Lol, anyone else wanna point out my colossal bone-head moment?! :cursing:

Layson

Reaction score
The only thing I would add about removing the blocks and installing a full leaf pack is you do lose your bumpstops. Most people don't care but you never know when you might actually need them....LOL

Notneb

Reaction score
The only thing I would add about removing the blocks and installing a full leaf pack is you do lose your bumpstops. Most people don't care but you never know when you might actually need them....LOL

Well if you get a Carli they include new bump stops, to make up for the loss of the one on the blocks. Would imagine Icon would do the same, seeing as that's a biiiiig deal.

stupid_rope

Reaction score
So going from a stock 350 block with a Carli 2.5 up front, what size lift deavers will provide a slight positive rake?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.