Icon Shock Question

strokin20

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anybody hear deal with Icon stuff? I lucked out and got a set of the 2.5 Piggyback Reservoir Shocks, 6" Fabricated Lift Blocks and the Icon Dual Steering Stabilizer bracket for $250. My issue is I got them off a truck at the wrecking yard, and one of the front shocks is missing the lower mounting bolt and the bushings that go with it. I've been attempting to install the rear shocks, but damn, these things are stout and I cant compress them at all by hand.
Here's a picture of said bolt and bushings.
1c066815a467ab368a07b370833d20ac.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I had to use a jack to compress my 2.5 piggy backs to get them on the truck. I can put my full weight on them and they won't budge. They really help with the back roads

Jomax

Reaction score
I remove the nitrogen when Installed my shocks. Works like butter.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
if you have any issues , let me know i'll get you what you need .

strokin20

Reaction score
Lol yea, these shocks are intense. Mike, are you able to get those bushings from my picture above? I could really use a set.

Barnbuilder

Reaction score
I've used a 1" ratchet strap to compress shocks. Loop the strap around the shock, hook ends together and start ratcheting.

strokin20

Reaction score
I'll be giving this another shot. First time I had a hard time keeping the strap on the shock

strokin20

Reaction score
Well, after giving it another shot this evening, I have conquered the Icon Shocks lol. I was finally able to make the ratchet strap stay on the ends of the shocks. Now I'm just waiting on the spacers from Icon for the front shocks. I'll try to get it cleaned up and take some pictures so I can show it off lol. I'm pretty proud of it. It has 3" Rough Country coils up front with the radius arm drops and the 6" Icon fabricated block in the back for a total lift of 3" in the front (duh) and 4" in the back. Sits a smidgen higher in the back than I'd like, but overall I'm pretty pleased. Oh yea, running 35's wrapped around AF Independence 22x10's.

strokin20

Reaction score
To be honest, I haven't noticed any yet, but thats mostly because I just put them in Friday and I spent all weekend and yesterday on the lake lol.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Well, after giving it another shot this evening, I have conquered the Icon Shocks lol. I was finally able to make the ratchet strap stay on the ends of the shocks. Now I'm just waiting on the spacers from Icon for the front shocks. I'll try to get it cleaned up and take some pictures so I can show it off lol. I'm pretty proud of it. It has 3" Rough Country coils up front with the radius arm drops and the 6" Icon fabricated block in the back for a total lift of 3" in the front (duh) and 4" in the back. Sits a smidgen higher in the back than I'd like, but overall I'm pretty pleased. Oh yea, running 35's wrapped around AF Independence 22x10's.

I'm running a very similar set up. I'm about an inch higher in the rear so it sits dead level with a trailer hooked.

Sent from my I fone 5

strokin20

Reaction score
A lot....it's physically impossible not to with a 6" block.

Lol yea I'm sure I'll notice it sometime, but I don't hammer on it too much.
Here's a picture just for reference.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434569353203.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434569353203.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 55

strokin20

Reaction score
And please excuse the dirtyness, we've been getting quite a bit of rain here in central Tx lately so I don't mind it too bad.

Latest posts

Members online