IDP QUESTION

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
I stopped at IDP today, on my way north out of Virginia, to update my tunes. My question is...has anyone here been charged $299 by IDP, to simply update their own tunes. Not looking to run anyone's name down...I just feel like I got had.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
What version did you update from? Yes there is a charge. I think from 3.01 to 3.03 was $200? and from the 2.XX to the 3.01 is $100? So if you went from a 2.XX to a 3.03 then 300 sounds right. IIRC

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Ok cool. I'd heard elsewhere that there wasn't a charge. It was heresay though. Thanks for backing them up. It just didn't make.much sense to me. I did have version 2.55.
It pulls hard as hell, but i sure miss how responsive the truck was!

3brorce

Reaction score
It was supposed to be free from 3.01 to 3.02 but that all changed and they had to charge for updates they had to make

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Yeah the 3.02 wasnt ever really released due to issues and the cost of updates and etc to Eric for the 3.03 was enough that he had to make a charge to his customers. That is probably where the people got their info that told you that.Maybe a couple people got it for some reasons

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Sounds good. I never loaded anything but Xstreet before. I loved that tune, minus the FRP SURGE. I loaded Xtreme X today, with the early lockup firm shifts. It's fast as holy hell once it lights, but the throttle response down low, just isn't there. I guess that makes it a much nicer DD tune though!
Any of you guys know if the XStreet still fuels as hard???

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Xtreme street still fuels hard. That is determined by your ford flash, but if you only updated the sct and didnt flash your truck it should fuel as hard as the older tunes, and run better. You was having the frp surge with 2.55?

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Ok. I never got.the Ford flash. The X X, definetly feels a bit laggy. I noticed it the very first time I started it at IDP today. It usualy "pops" to life from the exhaust, and is RIDICULOUSLY touchy, responsive throttle. Once it hits 11-1200, it explodes to life. It's just different, not bad. It's nice to drive.
...with the 2.55, it shifted hard as hell, and surged like a bastard from 48-60mph in OD.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
my old extreme race file fuels way harder down low IMO than my xtreme x. but my xtreme race is super touchy, more smokey, and firm shifting. but I love it, feels so fast.

my xtreme x is more friendly and doesn't seem to pull as hard down low, but still clean and wicked fast. most boost of any tune I've run. I used to trade back and forth prior to my truck going down

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Ok, so it's not my mind. I've never run XRace. 2 full years on XStreet. That smoked, but not bad. It'd puff hard, then clean up quick. The Xtreme X hardly smokes.

3brorce

Reaction score
My xtremex fuels hard for sure. No where near race though. Definitely is less touchy down low and has better drivability. I am not as scared to rip my trans out with X that I am with race haha

WoodBoy

Reaction score
extreme race has more fuel down low like stated. At the track, the extreme race should run a slightly better time on a well prepped track because of the fuel down low, but Eric said he has seen the extreme race and extreme x run the same time on the same truck back to back

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I tried out the first xtreme x for Eric.. Eric said the 3.0.1 xtreme race-that I'm running, is around 2 tenths faster than the xtreme x which I believe the file I have is the same as the most recent (iirc) . the newer xtreme races aren't as fast as the 3.0.1 xrace file. he said that also. but they all are much more friendly than any 3.0.1 file.

edit: I reread your post woodboy and understand it a bit better. you're correct. what I said came off wrong. lol

Last edited:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Eric told me the tunes on 3.03 is no different than 3.01 with the exception of the tranny shifts better and the new extreme x replacing extreme mild

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I reemed mine out on xrace with race lock for a long time. it ain't no thing. never blew gaskets, or tranny.

just a piston. no biggie. LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.