Improving 1997 f250 braking

m j

Reaction score
I bought a 10.5 and robbed the brakes off of it. I already have an e350 rear end in another project so I had both types to look at.

the 10.5 brakes are slightly different then the e350 in the parking brake. the e350 parking brake springs and shoes will clear the 10.25 hubs where the 10.5 parking brake springs cannot be used and the shoes have to be clearanced.

I robbed the springs from my e350 stuff and clearanced the pads.
if you are starting with 10.5 brakes you need the e350 rotors and the e350 parking brake hardware kit to rob springs from.

I made a thread but it got cluttered with clowns comments... http://www.powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33260

Peroni

Reaction score
I robbed the springs from my e350 stuff and clearanced the pads. If you are starting with 10.5 brakes you need the e350 rotors and the e350 parking brake hardware kit to rob springs from.

What brand hardware kit did you use? I went to NAPA for all my stuff. I asked for the van kit and the SD kit to compare them. The clerk brought them out, different boxes with different part numbers but same contents. :wtf:

I'd really like to use the proper van springs. I modified a spring to work, and while it does work good, do not trust that the modified end wont fatigue and break on me someday.

Here's a link to the conversion I did a few yeas ago.

m j

Reaction score
What brand hardware kit did you use? I went to NAPA for all my stuff. I asked for the van kit and the SD kit to compare them. The clerk brought them out, different boxes with different part numbers but same contents. :wtf:

I'd really like to use the proper van springs. I modified a spring to work, and while it does work good, do not trust that the modified end wont fatigue and break on me someday.

Here's a link to the conversion I did a few yeas ago.

I studied your thread a lot before trying the conversion.
I just robbed the springs from my e350 axle, havent replaced them yet

Latest posts

Members online