Improving reliability Job 1 6.4

B585Ford

Reaction score
Upon closer inspection of the truck last night, I noticed white residue around the degas bottle. I have no idea if it was loosing water (hadn't checked it for a month or two) because the rad broke when I wrecked it. I already have all of the coolers off to fix the damage. Plus I had an adjustment from the insurance company which gave me an extra $1000 to work with. I'm thinking that right now would be a great opportunity to do gaskets and studs and check out the heads. The truck has 107K on it. I want to keep it for a long time.

I dont have access to a lift. I can't even get it to a lift right now anyway unless I tow it. I read a few writeups on guys who have done head gaskets with the cab on by just jacking up the front of the cab. That's what I'm leaning towards now. I'm halfway there, I think I'm pushing my luck on a higher mileage Job 1 truck that's tuned. Might as well bite the bullet.

Should I stick with OEM head gaskets? I'm looking at a few diesel sites for complete top end gasket sets and studs.

OEM gaskets....they have proven themselves (with studs) on more builds than I can count.

Latest posts

Members online