In dash nav stereos

bad moose

Reaction score
real men, especialy if you were in the Army, don't need a nav system. You should be able to read a road map or instinct.

LOL, I have lived in a state of lost for forty one years and enjoyed reading a map while doing 70 to 80 mph. But with the wife having two vehicles with navi in them finnally got me spoiled. Still never missed navi till on vacation and we couldn't find a hotel and drove out of our way for one. Then that got me thinking of navi for the truck. Even then it has taken six months to decide to get it.

bad moose

Reaction score
It's in!

Attachments

• Clean trk 2010 001.JPG
    Clean trk 2010 001.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Clean trk 2010 002.JPG
    Clean trk 2010 002.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Clean trk 2010 003.JPG
    Clean trk 2010 003.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Clean trk 2010 004.JPG
    Clean trk 2010 004.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 58

dirtboy25

Reaction score
You like how it sets into the dash?

I don't like how mine is set in, looks like how yours is. I would rather it be flush with dash panel.

4tonGT40

Reaction score
i would highly recommend any pioneer unit, and you should be able to find exactly what your looking for in that price range!
:whs:
I have the new pioneer double din unit and its awesome..I recommend not paying extra money for the Nav edition of this unit bc you can download MotionX for your smart phone for 20-30$ and the pioneer unit has app mode and works in conjunction with the head unit. Voice activated and everything. Live traffic,live gps. your not going to get that with a stand alone GPS software within a head unit.

me2

Reaction score
i would highly recommend any pioneer unit, and you should be able to find exactly what your looking for in that price range!

My wife and I bought 2 Pioneer 3300 BTS. One went in her car. It was highly recommended on another site and all the stereo installers at the store I bought them from had them.

We hate it. Its much inferior to the factory nav system in my 08.

I really, really like the factory nav system in my 08. Except it doesn't do Sync (Bluetooth) and nor does it handle USB devices.

me2

Reaction score
:whs:
I have the new pioneer double din unit and its awesome..I recommend not paying extra money for the Nav edition of this unit bc you can download MotionX for your smart phone for 20-30$ and the pioneer unit has app mode and works in conjunction with the head unit. Voice activated and everything. Live traffic,live gps. your not going to get that with a stand alone GPS software within a head unit.

I bet you need a data connection to run it. Not great for use in heavy rain, snowstorms and rural areas. Not to mention that some of those systems use a ton of bandwidth and run up your cell phone bill.

me2

Reaction score
If you do a lot of night driving, make sure its convenient to totally kill the display and still run the unit. The 08 Ford nav system is decent in this regard. You'd be amazed at how bright and distracting some of these units are even on their darkest setting.

On my 08 unit, I can hardly (and I mean hardly) see the display in the day when its on the night setting. And yet its quite bright and distracting when night driving on a dark night. I do a lot of night driving, so a killable display is a must.

Sorry for so many posts. Just trying to share my negative experience.

me2

Reaction score
real men, especialy if you were in the Army, don't need a nav system. You should be able to read a road map or instinct.

I got caught in dense fog the other night. The 08 factory nav has a 50 yard resolution setting. Its amazing. I could see upcoming roads and turns in the road on the nav before I could see them with my eyes. Try doing that with your map.

And I really don't need nav. I'm good with a map. But not while driving responsibly and attentively.

Latest posts

Members online