In need of short block....

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Thinking of going with the Elite stage 1 over a reman from Ford. How much better are the mahle pistons? I'm just looking for reliabilty. Short block from blackwater engines is **** after just 8k miles. Injectors, HPFP, set of torque tows all also have less than 8k miles on them. Is this the best route?

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
You guys care to give reasons why? The Elite stage 1 seems to have quite a few more goodies for just a few hundred dollars more. Whats the preferred piston Mahle or IH, or Midwest's HD pistons? Just trying to do my home work here, this truck has really sucked the life outta me.

Sledpull could you PM me a lead time on how soon you could have a stage 1 available?

White_monster

Reaction score
Both shops can offer very similar options Mahle makes the pistons for international and Ford and Morgan and elites he pistons as well. Both shops can add upgraded connecting rods, more aggressive cam options are available from each too. An engine from either place will most likely be identical other than brand.

Reaction score
All 6.4 pistons are made by mahle. So no confusion there. The difference in price and why ours is better is that we ONLY use new blocks. You not getting someone else's abortion. That adds tremendously to the cost of the engine. But your less likely to crack the block. And whatever you do you must use a quality torque wrench that is currently calibrated. If you over torque the block and crack it your out a lot of money. At least with using a new block it has no previous torque stress on the head bolt threads. You never know what a used block has been torqued to.

So in reality for the money when you figure in the cost of a brand new block it's really a great deal. If you wanna add in any thing else on the order we would be glad to do so at that time.

Lead time is 1-2 weeks depending on the options ordered.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.