Inductive heat flash

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
How do I tell if my 05 has it and if not how do I go about getting it and will I need to get my tune rewritten?

C-TANE

Reaction score
What tuner do you have? I believe most will tell you what stategy your running. Places like Power Hungry and Innovative can tell you based on the stategy number that pops up. Chances are you have inductive heating. Those sneaky guys at the dealship try to update every 6.0 that rolls through no matter what it's in for. If you want to backyard mechanic it, you can just listen for it... You should be able to hear it if you know what you're listening for.

When the engine is cold (morning is best) turn the key to run like normal but, do not start. If you have inductive heating you should here a noise under the hood that kinda sounds like a ratchet wrench turning. It starts off kinda slow for a second then gets alittle faster. It only lasts about 5-10 seconds depending on the ambient temp. Make sure you have the hood up and don't mistake it for the vaccum pump that will be buzzing on the passenger inner wheel well. If it's under 50* out you might be able to cycle the key more than once, if you missed it.

Hope that helps :priest:

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I don't believe that to be correct. That was the flash before the inductive heating that actuated the injectors to get rid of the oil in the injectors. That was the flash before inductive heating.

C-TANE

Reaction score
Hey Doc,
Isn't the actuating of the spool valves commonly known as inductive heating? I thought the two were the same. I thought that, the 1st flash that was supposed to solve this cycled the spool valves in between injection events and that really heated up the FICM then their 2nd fix had the in- between firing cut off around 150 degrees. If I was mistaken I appologize for bad information. I was just using the information given to me with my FICM Tuner which has an inductive heating and non-heating program. When I run heating the cold injectors will buzz for a few seconds each when I turn the key on and when I run no Inductive heating there is no buzz.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.