injector help

scronce

Reaction score
trying to figure out what brand/size of injectors to go with. looking for around 600-700hp.(on a fully built short block). would a 190/75 reach 600 with a good vgt turbo or would i need to go bigger?? i do want this truck to be somewhat of a DD but a monster when a cummins pulls up at the redlight beside me. :D i know its a matter of opinion but whats the best brand of aftermarket injectors?

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Absolutely recommend Holders. Rykan is the man! 190/75 will get you close or barely into the 600 range. My 205/75 got me to 645. Since you're planning to DD the truck i'd recommend 225/75 or 225/100 if you don't mind a slightly bigger nozzle. Jay@PHP put down a little over 700 with his 225/75 IIRC. 225 is pretty much the max of a 75% nozzle. Any bigger and you'd need to bump it up a bit.
I'll get Rykan and Jay to chime in.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I second the holders recommendation. Track times put me at 615 on water meth with 190/30 and a kc stage 2. [email protected], race weight of 7630.

This however, did watch a cummins tailgate walk away from me on yhe highway once :cursing:. Found the truck online next day at wotk after telling the story of getting my ass handed to me and it turned out guy had 800 horse and ran 11s. I didnt feel so bad after that.

Anyways, ADD side note aside, a set of 225s, and a 366 or 369 oughta get you moving decent. Swinky on here has a fast truck running a setup like that with a bunch of giggle gas.

slc dzl

Reaction score
What are your hpop plans?
Depending on the condition of your pump you may not support a full fuel tune with the 205s

nighthawk285

Reaction score
What are your hpop plans?
Depending on the condition of your pump you may not support a full fuel tune with the 205s

What's the breakover point that an HPOP system upgrade is needed? I was thinking of 205/50s to help with HPO and spray pattern....

I know fuel needs upgraded by the time you get around 190s, but don't know when the oil needs upgraded.:shrug:

Chatham036

Reaction score
I ran Charlie Fish's (KC Turbo) stage 3 VGT charger with 190cc/30% injectors and hit ~605 rwhp with my extreme tune and herc FICM tune. Stock HPOP and stock fuel system

I went up to 75% nozzles when I had my injectors bored out to 225s and the truck just ran hot when paired with a s371 FMW from HTT. Although I did put down 719 rwhp with it tuned to approx 2.2 ms WOT. Adrenaline HPOP and 6.4 mod / sump on my fuel system.

I reduced my nozzles back down to 30% and now I am running a street tune (1.9 ms pulse width) with Econ FICM tune on 225cc/30% holder injectors with a s366SX-E charger from High Tech Turbo. Stock HPOP and 6.4 mod / sump on my fuel system. Put down 615 rwhp on this set up, see below.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Chatham036

Reaction score
What's the breakover point that an HPOP system upgrade is needed? I was thinking of 205/50s to help with HPO and spray pattern....

I know fuel needs upgraded by the time you get around 190s, but don't know when the oil needs upgraded.:shrug:

With my current setup on 225cc/30% injectors, I can hold 4.9v ICP without issue on my stock HPOP

Last edited:

Chatham036

Reaction score
That's is pretty impressive.
I've struggled to main two sets of 205s and a set of 190s, but not every injector is created equal.

What size nozzles?
Truthfully I theorize the nozzle size has as much if not more to do with the ability of the HPOP than the CC.

I never ran a stock HPOP with my 225/75 injectors so I can not confirm my theory.

nighthawk285

Reaction score
What size nozzles?
Truthfully I theorize the nozzle size has as much if not more to do with the ability of the HPOP than the CC.

That's my thought as well......to achieve the same spray pattern, a larger dia. nozzle would require more pressure behind it. The balancing act in my mind is to only use as big of a nozzle as required to allow the injector to fully empty but not become a fire hose and just stream diesel in the cylinder like it's a top fuel car, at least for a DD.....for a race truck, stream away :rockon:

Pics no worky Jay....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.