Injector hold down bolt broke off in the head

HVFC6040

Reaction score
What are my options? I would hate to pull this motor again. Should I drill/tap it? EZ out? Ive never had good luck with either. Bolt is flush with the head so I cant grab it.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Try using a pick or small center punch and a hammer to rotate the bolt by tapping towards the edge.

jbkingranch

Reaction score
Ceter punch the bolt and use a left handed drill bit. If its just broke and not in there rediculously tight it shouls back out. If you drill a good ways into it and it does not back out you could try a easout. I'm not a big fan of the spiral easout. I use a set made by Mac Tools that you drive a shank into the bolt and you have a special nut to torque on the shank. Hit it good with a penitrating oil first. Original WD-40 isn't a penetrating oil, it's more like a lubricant then a catalyst. Try PB Blaster or Loctite brand works better.

HVFC6040

Reaction score
Thats a tiny little bolt to use a pick and hammer on. I think I am going to dry drilling it out first with a left handed bit, if that doesnt work then I will try a easy out if I can find one that small. I will just have to take my time and be careful, neither of which are strong points of mine haha.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I bet it comes out real easy. Try just pressing your thumb on it and turning. If it's not bottomed out or cross threaded it should come right out.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Blood makes a good penetrant. LOL I've broken one or 2 off before and they usually come out fairly easily since it's a bolt saturated in oil all it's life.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.