Injector - Towing

olyellaferd

Reaction score
I have an 04 6.0. About 5 months ago I had a hpo leak and had to replace a few injectors, being as it was -10 blowing snow and I had to work outside when I reinstalled the injectors I made the rookie mistake of not oiling the seals. Now with fuel leaking into my oil. I at least will know what I'm doing this time. I am looking at going with something bigger than stock this time though. I plan on towing either an enclosed trailer, flatbed, dump trailer or horse trailer on any given day when I get new injectors in it and start picking up trailers for work. Does anyone have any suggestions on size and where to buy. I am looking for maybe a step above the larger body and stock nozzle to maybe a large body oversized nozzle. Not looking at going with any sort of competition type sled pull insane injector. Also any suggestions on oil to use when installing, is straight 30 good or should I use more of a assembly lube. Thanks.

cmont58

Reaction score
I would go with a set of 155/30s from Maryland Performance Diesel. Great guys to work with, good prices, and quick turn around. Also I just dip the whole injector in some motorcraft 15w40 before I install.

olyellaferd

Reaction score
Ok I'll contact them. And get some 15-40 when I do them. Thanks! Have you ever heard of adjusting valves, I've heard of people doing that when they do their injectors and their truck running quieter

6.0xcursion

Reaction score
^ what he said. I have MPD 165/30s and have no issues with them & they made some power. 527rwhp on stock fuel & turbo. Run TCW3 in the fuel that helps quiet it down some also... .5oz to a gallon.

Latest posts

Members online