Injector Trouble - Need Some Help ASAP

Nally7.3powerstroke

Reaction score
Recently installed a new set of 175/75 injectors on an 07. Ran fine stock, tuned it, and a few days later had a missfire appear on cylinder 5. I figured it to be a issue with the new injector. I got a new injector from the company, installed it again, and the truck ran perfect. Tunes were re-wrote for the truck just to make sure there were no issues with those. Tuned the truck this past Friday, and Monday the truck began missing again on the same cylinder. Im not sure what could be causing this. FICM voltage is fine, no other injectors seem to be having any issues either. Any ideas???

loboost

Reaction score
Recently installed a new set of 175/75 injectors on an 07. Ran fine stock, tuned it, and a few days later had a missfire appear on cylinder 5. I figured it to be a issue with the new injector. I got a new injector from the company, installed it again, and the truck ran perfect. Tunes were re-wrote for the truck just to make sure there were no issues with those. Tuned the truck this past Friday, and Monday the truck began missing again on the same cylinder. Im not sure what could be causing this. FICM voltage is fine, no other injectors seem to be having any issues either. Any ideas???

Injector plug good?no bent pins?

What is the DTC given?

Nally7.3powerstroke

Reaction score
No pins messed up. Code was cyclinder 5 contribution/balance. And I have a FICM I csn swap in it but my worry is will I see a difference if damage has already been done to this new injector?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Ive had one 6.0 years ago come in our shop that had a bad injector wiring harness that did the same thing. I replaced two injectors and one kept popping up

loboost

Reaction score
Ive had one 6.0 years ago come in our shop that had a bad injector wiring harness that did the same thing. I replaced two injectors and one kept popping up

By theory wouldn't the issue occur even when not tuned if it were the harness?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I highly doubt the FICM is the culprit.

Who's injectors are they?

With the truck running try moving the wiring harness around and see if you can replicate a problem.

Try swapping that injector into another hole and see if the problem follows. If it does, it's the injector, if not, it's probably the wiring.

Nally7.3powerstroke

Reaction score
Nut on the solenoid backed itself off on the new injector I installed. Easy to diag that one once I pulled the valve cover. :doh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online