Injectors with 68 for Towing

Snoop

Reaction score
I'm finally in need of some fresh injectors. I currently have 180/75s paired with my 68mm. I do some heavy towing periodically. Heat is very manageable. What size injectors would best fit my needs?

Snoop

Reaction score
Always want more power. On a big hill with say 12k behind me, Egts won't ever get above 1300.

Obviously I know I can run 175/75s and won't really notice any difference. Can I safely go bigger?

04stroker

Reaction score
If you have no problem managing 180's I
Would say you could safely go to 190's don't know about much bigger than that just have to try it. I used to tow with 190/50 and a 65mm Vgt it would get kind of warm going up steep grades with 12k+ lbs but I could deal with it wasn't to hard to manage just keep an eye on things. But you also got more air than I had on mine.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
How much money do you have??? LOL

You are getting close to the maximum amount that IMO that charger can safely tow. Pulling fuel will always help but it usually comes down to the nozzle size that will limit things. You already have a 75% nozzle which is pretty big for towing. If you go up to 190s then I doubt you will see any noticeable difference. 205/75 would probably provide more of a difference but now you will be pushing the limits of your stock HPOP.

It would be a lot of money... but Andy Warren is running one of our KC 68mm turbos with 205/30 and twin HPOP and he loves it. Small nozzles help to keep temps down. The Twin pumps help to dump all the fuel. On a race tune there is plenty of fuel. On a tow tune temps stay in check really well.

Just food for thought.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Stick with the 180's. You wont want to tow with anything bigger than that. I imagine yours runs pretty damn clean, I know Garrett's truck runs pretty good with 68/175's.

Bigger may push you past where you need to be reliability wise

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Stick with the 180's. You wont want to tow with anything bigger than that. I imagine yours runs pretty damn clean, I know Garrett's truck runs pretty good with 68/175's.

Bigger may push you past where you need to be reliability wise

Good advice. I think the 180/75s are a good match for the RCD 68.

Latest posts

Members online