Installation numbers

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Who on here has had a suspension lift installed on their SD? I'm looking to get some round about prices on what shops charged to install lifts. I have been working on my truck since I had this past week off and it has been a heck of a job just curious as to what shops would charge to take on something like that. I installed the Carli pintop 4.5 with full spring packs and bags in the rear

sootie

Reaction score
I have done countless numbers of lifts. Usually can be done in four hours. Carli's take a little longer and can be 6 ish

Notneb

Reaction score
Ok so what lifts are you looking at, how high, and to what purpose? Might help get better responses...

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
we base our pricing on the type of lift. Some of the more fancy setups, IE 4link (depending what brand) double shock setups, lift blocks vs replacement springs, if pitman arm comes off or not.....there are so many different types of lifts that come with different components, its hard to give you a solid estimate with out knowing what kit your looking at.

Notneb

Reaction score
Honestly if you have another mechanically inclined friend, and the right tools you shouldn't have to take it anywhere. Unless your doing a 4link that requires cold chiseling the oem radius arm brackets, it's pretty simple. I did my Carli install including full deavers, in 5 hours with another friend. Just make sure you have a propane torch for the leaf spring bolts!

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I already installed mine it's a carli 4.5 with full deavers as well I was just wondering what I would have had to pay. I have my own lift and shop so no troubles and those rear leaf bolts came right off for me btw I have read many people having problems with them though

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Here she is

Attachments

• 20151210_084746.jpg
    20151210_084746.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67

Notneb

Reaction score
I already installed mine it's a carli 4.5 with full deavers as well I was just wondering what I would have had to pay. I have my own lift and shop so no troubles and those rear leaf bolts came right off for me btw I have read many people having problems with them though

Ahhhhh gotcha! Yeah I had a shop do the lift on my 2012 because I didn't feel like cold chiseling the radius arm brackets off, was about $800 in labor.

04stroker

Reaction score
When we did a bunch of them I just had to charge by the hour on what it actually took us. I could give a estimate depending on the lift kit we were installing but hours could vary big time especially in WV where we did a bunch we had to fight rust constantly so that could add a fair amount of time to the job. So we usually just charged by the hour at our hourly shop rate for lift kits.

Latest posts

Members online