Installing egt probe

Joshbaker

Reaction score
So I'm wondering where is the best place to install egt probe on 06? Also best way to go bout installing it? Yes I searched. I suck at search.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Drivers side manifold, where it turns up to the up pipe. It can be done with the manifold still on. Kinda of a pain but can be done

Koda22

Reaction score
Yea little hard, but can be done...there use to be a write up somewhere....with pics and everything...was on this site, but I remember using it when I did mine

Joshbaker

Reaction score
What is a good way to go about drilling the cast? I drill a lot of plate steel and stuff but not sure how to go about drilling cast. Just start small until i get to the right size drill bit?

loboost

Reaction score
What is a good way to go about drilling the cast? I drill a lot of plate steel and stuff but not sure how to go about drilling cast. Just start small until i get to the right size drill bit?

I believe 1/8 npt requires an 11/32" bit. Like 4 bucks anywhere

Joshbaker

Reaction score
yup. 11/32", "R" bit. Guess I should see if i still hve a good bit laying around. I also need to get a tap. lol. Last truck was easy as it had it already installed in the truck.

the chad

Reaction score
I use a punch and just keep stepping up bits to keep the shavings small, then hit it with a shop vac. Done probably 10 trucks like that never had an issue.

Latest posts

Members online