intake manifolds...reseal or riffraff

TyCorr

Reaction score
I ran out of time when I had my motor out. Dont wanna do it in the truck on a lifted truck.

Ill either wait to have the motor out or a different motor. Im sorta sick of wrenchin on the truck. Need to get them replaced though.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I ran out of time when I had my motor out. Dont wanna do it in the truck on a lifted truck.

Ill either wait to have the motor out or a different motor. Im sorta sick of wrenchin on the truck. Need to get them replaced though.

Topside creeper.....makes a HUGE difference.

Reaction score
I used a wire wheel both times when I did it. There's a grove in the head and the sealant does not like to come out of there.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Doesn't fling it into the intake? Stuff that bad boy full of paper towels, I want a ride in the obs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Doesn't fling it into the intake? Stuff that bad boy full of paper towels, I want a ride in the obs

Blue shop towels in the intake! I did it once with the motor in the truck and once on a stand. Like I said let me know when you're ready and I'll help you out. I think I still have a good amount of grey death silicone left too.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I had to scrape it off....PITA.
Scrap off the big chunks then use this
41llCdDBf5L.jpg

Whatever you do, do NOT use the Roloc Scotch Brite pads around an open motor unless you wanna rebuild it.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Arisley

Reaction score
Blue shop towels in the intake! I did it once with the motor in the truck and once on a stand. Like I said let me know when you're ready and I'll help you out. I think I still have a good amount of grey death silicone left too.

Just remember to pull the towels out. I stuff a towel in each intake for a reminder.

If they are stuck really good, Get you one of those scraper blades at home depot with about a 30º bend in it. Hit the edge with a grinder to sharpen it up. Slide it across the gap a few times and pry gently. Works every time.

Lay a straight edge across the manifolds to check for straightness when you get them off.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score

The Ford Grey silicone does have an expiry date, if it's the 7.3 engine grey sealant. It won't look any different going on, but it won't cure. Found out the hard way having to redo an oil pan once. So for everyone's knowledge, best to buy fresh stuff.

Reaction score
The Ford Grey silicone does have an expiry date, if it's the 7.3 engine grey sealant. It won't look any different going on, but it won't cure. Found out the hard way having to redo an oil pan once. So for everyone's knowledge, best to buy fresh stuff.

I'm aware of the expiration date, the stuff I have isn't very old.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
^^ I remember you saying that in the past.. What's the reason not too again?
The grit from the wheels gets everywhere.

You can also use those scrapers that hold a single edge razor blade. There are two razor blade thickness, .009 and .012 available. I use the .012, they are more HD. You can them from McMaster or from a good wallpaper shop.

Billy T.
[email protected]

jwlandry

Reaction score
I have the riffraff plentums and I love them. the ford grey death was a bitch to get off though. I used a single sided extendable razor knife and some emory cloth. I had towels stuff in the motor.

Latest posts

Members online