intermittent miss and hard start

95-F-2FITTY

Reaction score
My 95 f250 is at it again it has been giving me trouble with low power when i try to accelerate almost like its missing lightly. The truck has had some weird spells of missing and cutting out and bucking as soon as it does the check engine light comes on and when it does it the next time the cel light goes off.I am clueless any ideas?

MossBack

Reaction score
I would double check the IPR but might be a shot hpop or injectors. Sounds like both... How many miles? And what is condition of oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mandkole

Reaction score
IPR or injector orings - likely has a high pressure leak. At 167K, if these have not been changed, you're due. The IPR is easiest, so start there.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Try cleaning it first, but don't hold your breath.

And take a good look at the IPR pigtail. The one on my 97 was hammered when I took it all apart to delete the fuel bowl.

95-F-2FITTY

Reaction score
Ok will check both! Also when my truck Is cold it is cranking really slow I know its not the batteries because they are two brand new motorcraft batteries and glow plug relay and glow plugs all new. I did notice when I had my icp unplugged to see if it affected my idle it did not. But when it was unplugged it cranked over really slow as well.But now it does it with a good icp sensor.

95-F-2FITTY

Reaction score
Well I plugged it in last night and it still cranked slow but when it was cranking slow it threw a p1280 ICP circuit out of range low. Also I found some stored codes that was a cylinder high to low side open on all of my cylinders on the passenger side bank.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
if you have codes for all cylinders on one side check the valve cover harness it could be going out as well, using international or ford harnesses is strongly recomended, if you have the tools you can take the lines off the hpop and test the pump to rule that out. when you check the ipr valve make sure the tinneman nut is tight on the end of it, having it loose will make it act up also

95-F-2FITTY

Reaction score
Well when i took my fuel bowl out over the weekend to put my aeromotive regulator in i found the harness that goes to the ipr was all melted together fixed it and seems to be running smooth!

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Well when i took my fuel bowl out over the weekend to put my aeromotive regulator in i found the harness that goes to the ipr was all melted together fixed it and seems to be running smooth!

:thumbup:

It's always nice to find and solve a problem. It's even better when you report back with what solved it. :fordoval:

95-F-2FITTY

Reaction score
I really appreciate all of the help!:bowfast:its still cranking slow though so im gona go ahead and change the injector orings.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
Injector o rings won't make it start slow. I'd start by checking your starter alternator batteries and cables. Then go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online