intermittent miss and hard start

95-F-2FITTY

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip wouldn't have known! Here is what my ipr harness looked like
aqepuqa3.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Thats about what my IPR pigtail looked like when I deleted the fuel bowl.

MossBack

Reaction score
When I lost the heating element in the fuel bowl it did that too... I drove the truck for 6 months with the wires like that. When I did my fuel bowl I figured they couldn't be working so I cut them... Well I learned why the ipr is needed in the HUEI system lol... Seems to be more common then not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

95-F-2FITTY

Reaction score
I don't know why its such a common problem mine were all melted together. Maybe they didn't use heavy enough gauge of wire? Mine being that way made mine run crappy intermittently for a while it would throw icp codes as well. But once it was fixed no more problems.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Oil and fuel will break down plastic over time.

Add some heat, you get what you saw there.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
vibration also causes them to fail at the connectorbecause it causes the contacts inside it to spread , on the newer international engines the ipr valve has about a 6 inch long pigtail on it and the connection is in the wiring harness itself

95-F-2FITTY

Reaction score
that's interesting and im still puzzled about my trucks starting because the past two days its been about 17 degrees in the morning when I start it and it turns over super fast and starts quick but I have had some trouble with it starting slow after I have drove it around.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Turning over slow when the engine is hot is usually the first sign the starter is on it's way out.

zilla68

Reaction score
I'm telling you from experience, mine turned over super slow in the winter, I thought it was just how it was. I also had issues only when cold of the starter hanging up on crank and not shutting off even when the key was out of the ignition. After months of headaches I finally bought the new starter, and all my issues went away. Mine will start in 25 degree weather not plugged in on the first try now.
Before it would slow crank the batteries dead! same batteries until 2 weeks ago, changed the starter last winter

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
It's not weird. Electric motors (like starters) that are going out won't work as well when they get hot.

So, if it's cold outside, engine heat won't saturate the starter so much.

Replace the starter.

Latest posts

Members online