is any RR better than another?

hobo-stew

Reaction score
i see kits with different line sizes and fitting, 90's vs banjo's and other differences and most importantly drastic price differences.

i like the 90's better than banjos, but other than that, is there a "best" kit out there for the price? and are there ones to stay away from?

also, will any RR keep up with any size injector or with bigger injectors do i need a better RR?

Nic

Reaction score
Good question...bump for you. Not sure if any one is better than another, but as a rule of thumb, larger demand needs larger volume. I believe line size would play a role to a specific point up to the heads. A basic rr with 3/8 lines I believe supports 190/100s adequately..am I right?

Last edited:

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Just a curiousity...why do you prefer 90s to banjos? The fuel must make a 90 degree turn in either case, and the 12mm portion of the fitting (where it's screwed into the head) is the main flow limitation (same in either case)...

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17846

As for other reasons for price differences (or why my kit is more expensive than some others):

1. Custom machined billet aluminum and S.S. parts (not just "off the shelf" stuff)
2. Custom CNC Bent S.S. tubing sections with brazed ends (not just flared with tube nuts/sleeves)
3. High Quality U.S. made S.S. over Teflon hose with Parker crimped fittings
4. S.S. braided hose covered with protective sleeve to prevent chafing
5. T-304 S.S. Bracket (which I see has been copied almost identically by another shop...highest form of flattery or just a rip-off...you decide)

Not aware of my kit having any problems with ANY injector sizes. Your pump (supply) will be the issue with bigger injectors before the RR will.

Spindrift

Reaction score
99% of the time, you get what you pay for. There's no better kit on the market than Strictly Diesels... imho.

We spend thousands, in some cases tens of thousands of dollars modifying these trucks and someone is going to complain about spending a couple of hundred extra dollars on an RR kit. Personally, I don't get it.

Cory S

Reaction score
Def go with strictly diesel! Althought I have not purchased his rr, if it is anything like the quality of his driven diesel fuel system I had for my 7.3 it is a top notch piece.

Sent from ...

strokin6L

Reaction score
Banjo's work just fine. I have them on the back of my heads and 90's up front. I have a LIPD kit(they are no longer in business), but Strictly Diesels kit is kiss a$$.

genuineford

Reaction score
I built my own kit with some parts I had from my 7.3 RR kit. I used 90's rather than banjo's just because of the ease of sourcing them. I also cut the secondary filter off and mounted a spin on filter on the frame rail. There are a lot of different ways to skin this cat and they all seem to have the same result. I can not speak for the fit and form of any of the kits out there tho as I have never installed any of them.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Personally I'd recommend looking at the hose material as it is clearing around 1800+ degree exhaust manifolds. Our RR is the only kit that actually uses wire insulated 5800 psi resistant working psi stainless Teflon braid vs the competitions 300 psi rubber push loc hose that would not survive 30 seconds against an exhaust manifold.

Who would like to see a torch test between our kit and others....

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I built my own kit with some parts I had from my 7.3 RR kit. I used 90's rather than banjo's just because of the ease of sourcing them. I also cut the secondary filter off and mounted a spin on filter on the frame rail. There are a lot of different ways to skin this cat and they all seem to have the same result. I can not speak for the fit and form of any of the kits out there tho as I have never installed any of them.

The 90s are much easier to thread in the back of the heads with the cab on than fumbling with a banjo, line, and two washers blind.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Personally I'd recommend looking at the hose material as it is clearing around 1800+ degree exhaust manifolds. Our RR is the only kit that actually uses wire insulated 5800 psi resistant working psi stainless Teflon braid vs the competitions 300 psi rubber push loc hose that would not survive 30 seconds against an exhaust manifold.

Who would like to see a torch test between our kit and others....

What part of the competition uses rubber push lock hose JJ? come on really...i haven't seen a RR kit useing rubber push lock hose. Maybe some might use rubber lined braided stainless, but no way in hell shops are building kits using rubber push lock hose. And the line isn't even clearing around the manifolds to begin with. It's coming straight up from the port on the back of the heads....not even close to touching the manifolds. Close to the up-pipes yes, but not the manifolds.

Last edited:

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What part of the competition uses rubber push lock hose JJ? come on really...i haven't seen a RR kit useing rubber push lock hose. Maybe some might use rubber lined braided stainless, but no way in hell shops are building kits using rubber push lock hose. And the line isn't even clearing around the manifolds to begin with. It's coming straight up from the port on the back of the heads....not even close to touching the manifolds. Close to the up-pipes yes, but not the manifolds.

I could post links, some just recently switched as well.. I have a customer who had a (xxxx brand) RR burn to the ground because of push lok cheap hose hitting an up pipe. Popped the hood and saw smoke, and it went up in flames....I'll find the picture hang on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.