is this normal??

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Well I know there is no fuel or oil leaks because I would have seen spots in the driveway by now. And what's the best way to check the up pipes? Also, I can get a ts chip and custom tunes from MBS diesel here in Knoxville tn for $450. Sound like a deal? The ts just puzzled me a bit because wouldn't changing settings on it all the time screw with the computer? And it does it when its warmed up but not all the time. Its like a little spike in idle or sometimes a sink in idle that's barely noticeable or not even noticeable on the tach. Sorry for all the questions, but is the stock turbo OK to run with an adrenaline hpop and like some stage ones? If not I won't buy because I can't afford a new turbo. I can hardly afford the hpop and injectors. I'm 16 working my but off for money to dump in the truck.

NEVER waste time and money buying injectors that are rated by hp. Stupid. Or Industiral Injection ones either. Rosewood, beans, full force, swamps, farmers ect.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Okay I looked at rosewoods! What would be best for me? I'm doing Adrenaline hpop and ts 6pos with custom. I'll have the injectors before hpop Though. Stage 1s 160cc stock nozzle 1200. Stage 1.5s 160cc and 30% nozzles 1235. Or stage 2s 160cc 80% nozzles. Also how hard is it to take out and replace injectors if i have no experiance doing it?

I did sticks for the first time in my super duty which has a little more junk in the way than ur obs, in 7 hours taking my time... Done several sets since and have it down to about 4 hours

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

MOE

Reaction score
OBS96 did you ever find out what caused you idle problem. Mine is doing the same thing.

Thanks

96F350KID

Reaction score
OBS96 did you ever find out what caused you idle problem. Mine is doing the same thing.

Thanks

Check you ICP for oil in the connector. Also check your IPR harness and make sure the wires aren't bare and touching. Fuel pressure regulator screen clogged can also do the same thing. My bet is the ICP sensor connector has oil in it. I notice when they do it plays with the voltage and the PCM looks at that for idle thus the voltage spikes cause a high/low idle.

MOE

Reaction score
Thanks Jake, I've replace both the IPR and ICP, I've been battling this problem for about 8 months now and driving me crazy. It was in the body shop for about 3 months and seems ever sense I've been battling, maybe a shaffed wire or how a missing ground strap. I at a loss been throwing alot of $$$$$ at.

Thanks Moe.

MOE

Reaction score
Here is some data- 1996 F350 7.3 XLT CC 8' Bed 265000 miles 4" Turbo Back.

IAT=3.47
IAT (F)=50
ICP=(V)90
INJECTOR PRESSURE=580
INJECTOR PRESSURE REG=%12
MAP=110
MAP PSI=14
SCCS=6.76 (V)
AP(V)=.60
BARO (V)=4.63
BARO HG=29
BARP(HZ)=123
EXHAUST BACK PRESSURE=45PSI
EBP=4.14
EPC (V) 8.43
EPR=0
FUEL PW-1.19
TRUCK PASSES BUZZ TEST AND CCT TEST.
NOT SURE IF THE EXHAUST BACK PRESSURE SHOULD =45 PSI AT IDLE. WHEN TRUCK STARTS COLD ITS IDLE IS OVER ABOUT 750 RPMS

Thanks for your help on this matter.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.