Just bough 2011 6.7

jack6.7

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2011 6.7 with 57,000 miles. New to the diesels. I Just ordered a performance package with the minimax, no limit intake, no limit egr ******, and 5 in exhaust. Just want to make sure i am gonna have a good experience with my first diesel. How satisfied are y'all with the canned tunes on the minimax? and its on a 6 in lift with 37s and am hoping for some better mpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2011 6.7 with 57,000 miles. New to the diesels. I Just ordered a performance package with the minimax, no limit intake, no limit egr ******, and 5 in exhaust. Just want to make sure i am gonna have a good experience with my first diesel. How satisfied are y'all with the canned tunes on the minimax? and its on a 6 in lift with 37s and am hoping for some better mpg

we always say run them and see how you like them. if , fo you , they leave something to be desired like shifting etc , THEN turn to MCC and custom tuning. we package that stuff for deep discounts !

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I've been running my canned minimaxx tunes for about a little over a week now. Drives great and I'm really enjoying it. Such an improvement over stock.

Sometimes I notice an abrupt downshift from 2nd to 1st at parking lot speeds, that kind of jolts the truck a bit. Hopefully that goes away as the transmission re-learns after the tune. If not I will be switching to an MCC tune.

jack6.7

Reaction score
Yeah! I'm running a race pipe with my EGR sensors unplugged right now. I'm doing the full EGR removal with the No Limit kit when I clear out my larger garage.
What mpgs have you been getting with it because that was one of the reasons why i pulled the trigger

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What mpgs have you been getting with it because that was one of the reasons why i pulled the trigger
any increase after weight loss mod in mpg is minimal over stock on a 6.7.. other platforms made a big difference.. but not with the 6.7..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score

Before the mod & tune I was getting 15-16 in the city and 16-17 highway, according to the "guessing gauge" on the dash.
After the mod & tune I am now getting 18-19 in the city and 19-20 highway.

I calculated it out by hand and my highway MPG came out to about 19.1-19.2 MPG on the highway @ 70-74MPH on cruise.

A good improvement but nothing to write home about.

jack6.7

Reaction score
Before the mod & tune I was getting 15-16 in the city and 16-17 highway, according to the "guessing gauge" on the dash.
After the mod & tune I am now getting 18-19 in the city and 19-20 highway.

I calculated it out by hand and my highway MPG came out to about 19.1-19.2 MPG on the highway @ 70-74MPH on cruise.

A good improvement but nothing to write home about.
Alright because coming home from a trip this weekend with a strong headwind i was only getting 13 at 75-80 on cruise which kinda sucked. The 6 in lift and 37s definitely has something to do with it but hopefully I can end up around stock MPGs. Does your tuck have any lift on it?

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Alright because coming home from a trip this weekend with a strong headwind i was only getting 13 at 75-80 on cruise which kinda sucked. The 6 in lift and 37s definitely has something to do with it but hopefully I can end up around stock MPGs. Does your tuck have any lift on it?

I'm at stock height and tire size. I am contemplating lowering my truck a few inches actually..

Between your larger tires, lift, and your speed. I would guess that you probably wont ever see much better than 16 MPG on the highway.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
any increase after weight loss mod in mpg is minimal over stock on a 6.7.. other platforms made a big difference.. but not with the 6.7..

live life full throttle

Haha yah or it goes down after weight watchers. Seems the right foot gets a bit heavy. LOL

Lthrnck

Reaction score
I also have an '11, with 22" wheels wrapped in 37" Toyo MTs and 6" lift. It's had the diet as well, currently has a minimaxx running canned tunes (looking to contact Morgan at Midwest or Mike at NL soon to fix that). I'm getting 13.5 mpg with a 50/50 combo of city and highway driving. On straight highway trips I can get 14.5 mpg. With those big tires and lift don't get your MPG hopes too high!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Coloboxers

Reaction score
Yup, 8 inch lift and 38 inch nittos here. I can squeeze out 15 mpg going slow with no wind, but who wants to do that!

T_W6.7

Reaction score
yeah, big tires and lifts don't mix well for MPG, mine has been stuck on 14mpg since I did the lift, I regeared the pickup to 4.30's too, helped overall performance a lot, mileage stayed at 14, put dual fuelers, streetmax-r, and the other complementing stuff on, still gets 14.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Did about 370 miles of interstate driving today, averaged 80-82 MPH. My MPG was 18.1, hand calculated. Again, stock height and stock tires.

04cr450

Reaction score
Wow^ not mine.. I can care less about fuel mileage but I'm on 35'S 12" wide wheels and truck has full diet with tunes... 17 miles per gal is the best and that is driving on the highway at 65-70 mph.. now granted truck only has 2300 miles on it so engine may still be tight

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
my 12 is a cclb 4x4.. stock hight on 35 12.5s.. I get 17-21 mpg with cruise set between 70-90mph... same exact thing it got when bone stock... hand calculated...

live life full throttle

04cr450

Reaction score
I will say though in the trucks defense. American force wheels are very heavy, this is probably effecting fuel mileage. Like I said though fuel mileage doesn't concern me just we are on topic and I am back peddling my statement now on why my truck is not so hot on mileage

Latest posts

Members online