Just got junk heads from ford.

NoSlow6.0

Reaction score
When I did my last build up on my truck Swamps had to order heads 5 separate times I think it was before they got some that were worth working with and still had to take .010" off of them to get them flat.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
When I did my last build up on my truck Swamps had to order heads 5 separate times I think it was before they got some that were worth working with and still had to take .010" off of them to get them flat.

From Ford?

According to them .008 or less is fine lol

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Once had an old man tell me all you had to do was rub a head across smooth concrete...if it didn't scar the cement its flat...dead serious

Snake

Reaction score
My momma told me that alligators is ornery because they have all them teeth and no toothbrush.

Mdub707

Reaction score
From Ford?

According to them .008 or less is fine lol

Since when? It's .004" last I knew. Across any two points.

So I guess that the machine shop went ahead and machined them and they had to recess two valve to make sure the clearance was good, that sound okay to everyone?

There still needs to be a minimum measurement thickness on the heads, but it at least sounds like they kind of have a clue. Have they ever done 6.0 or 6.4 heads before?

I was also told if you drag your ass on the carpet and there's no skid mark that it was clean as well....lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That is likely more true than dragging heads on cement LOL

My momma told me that alligators is ornery because they have all them teeth and no toothbrush.

:toast:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.