Just got my truck all together, no start

stroken

Reaction score
I just got my truck all together, came up with 4 codes after it wouldnt start awhile....

B1318 - voltage low
B1317 - voltage high
U2013 - compass module not responding
U0100 - lost commenication with ECM/PCM "A"

all seem like codes not to worry about. I expected those little opnes from having truck apart and such. But truck will not start, little wrench shows up on dash but dont see any "bad" codes. cranks fast, Ive been bleeding the fuel system.

Any un-ordinary things to check? also I havent gotten my new tunes for my dual pums nozzles ect will it just start and idle without new tunes? or does it need them? also, no mass airflow sensor in the single turbo intake, does it need it to start? should I mount it into the pipe to get it to start? or run without?

webb06

Reaction score
You won't need the tunes I ran Spartan tunes for awhile on mine. As far as the maf I'm unsure of that. Maybe try just plugging it in?

Have you checked all the grounds?

Will it crank at all?

stroken

Reaction score
It cranks fine. Getting fuel. Got all the air out for the most. A little air comes out every now and then. All grounds are on except one from cab to the frame. I've prolly cranked a total of 2-3 minutes in several increments....

blk350on20s

Reaction score
He has a cp3 as the second pump so I'm assuming thats the issue. He's done everything he can up to this point. He's only seeing 20 psi rail so it again leads me to believe his pumps not being controlled without RCD tuning. Although the stock pump is still tied into both rails isn't it?

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
I know this sounds retarded but have you cleared the codes? Seems as if these 6.4 pcm's are sensitive to codes and a "no start" situation.

stroken

Reaction score
Yes, thanks for the repond man, I didnt even see it. I have tried clearing codes, dont seem to want to clear. I was thinking maybe tuning myself, but would it still build fuel pressure with just the stock k16? Its calling for 200 and im getting 20-25. I have bled the crap out ot also

stroken

Reaction score
also forgot to mention, airdog isnt shutting off, is it supposed to once it builds pressure? or just keep running?

webb06

Reaction score
The airdog will run continuously unless you wire it into the factory harness. Then it'll shut off like normal.

I sure would think the stock pump would be plenty to start it

stroken

Reaction score
possible, I did double check everything several times. and has all new metal lines from rail to injectors. possible I just dont see that being it. im starting to think HPFP went bad... or one of the plus got messed up under the cover.

Latest posts

Members online