Just switched to a Gearhead tune and have problems

Crazysob

Reaction score
Alright. I have an sct x4 and just loaded the 100 hp street tune from Gearhead. Went for a drive and had to stop for fuel. After filling up I get a no crank no start with no codes. Any help or ideas?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Alright. I have an sct x4 and just loaded the 100 hp street tune from Gearhead. Went for a drive and had to stop for fuel. After filling up I get a no crank no start with no codes. Any help or ideas?

id start by disconnecting the batteries for a bit.

Crazysob

Reaction score
Ok if returning to canned tunes doesn't do it I will do that. Any idea where to start to find out why it did it?

Crazysob

Reaction score
That worked. Gonna run her around to make sure batteries are charged then reload the tune. I will run it around the block again and try shutting down and restarting in my own driveway...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That worked. Gonna run her around to make sure batteries are charged then reload the tune. I will run it around the block again and try shutting down and restarting in my own driveway...

pcm's seem to have minds of their own. it was probably an internal control module error, the kind that don't throw codes, sometimes they freak out . unless the info you gave to gearhead was wrong. was this an mcc export ?

Crazysob

Reaction score
Isn't mcc for h&s? It seems like the PCM is looking for sensors in the exhaust. I don't have any with my sct x4. I will call gh Monday.

pog

Reaction score
I think you need sensors in exhaust if you use sct. Unless I'm mistaken. But it should still crank maybe with codes.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
I have sct x4 with Gearhead tunes and no sensors in my exhaust. No codes or anything.

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

Crazysob

Reaction score
Yah the tunes from river city diesel run fine. I just don't like how they shift. I will call gh Monday.

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
No sensors required on the X4 with Gearhead tunes. You said you loaded the "100hp Street" tune from gearhead, are you sure you didn't load the canned street file? The reason that I ask is that if you did, it will allow you to start the vehicle once, and then it will lock you out if you try to restart it. Sounds like you have the correct files loaded now if it will let you start it everytime.

Crazysob

Reaction score
The x4 locks you out of dpf on tunes once you load custom tunes. I put it back on canned tunes and it's running fine now. Some people have been telling me that if it does it again to put it in neutral and it should fire up. I will see if I can get her going when I get home. The reason I thought sensors was because when I first fired her up the truck jumped to 900rpm at idle. That is what usually happens when the sensors aren't present in the exhaust. Then when you shut down it won't crank.

Latest posts

Members online