Kansas Members Post Up!!!!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Nah. I stole Byron's truck and went over to a friend's business till bout noon and then drove home after the roads were cleared.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Yeah after my 4+ hours of driving to and from work and having to deal with all kinds of **** that was frozen at work because the night crew left some valves open, I think it's safe to say I'll be happy if we don't have any more snow for a while. I'll also say, days like today make me wish I had a nice brute force 750i in the garage...it would be much easier to take to the fire station than driving my dually the 5 blocks there LOL

e99f2506sp

Reaction score
Got 12" outside the house here. No complaints on my end, got me off work yesterday and today.

Just as well, the chevy turd probably would've gotten scared, wet itself, and I'd be stuck in the middle of i35 like everyone else.

The pig is tucked in nice and warm this winter. I've had it out on a few nice days but I don't mind covering a work truck with salt, sand, slush and other crap.

I was just planning my next service on it. Given I just replaced the entire front end I know all the tie rods, ball joints, bearings, etc are fine. Plus I changed the transfer case, tranny, front and rear diff lube at the same time so those should all be good.

I think next oil change I'll include coolant flush and add filter, ps flush, brake fluid flush, fuel filter, belt and hoses. I question the alternator cause it is original and will have 110k on it at that time. I'm planning a trip to Florida this summer hauling a trailer helping some friends move so I wonder if I should change it to be on the safe side rather than doing it on the side of the road in Alabama.

Any other suggestions yall have for 100-120k tune up? I feel confident the suspension and drivetrain is good, just want to attack the engine and accessories.

I'm also starting to pull together plans for turbo, injectors, clutch, hpop, and all those upgrades for as soon as I get moved into the house. Just gotta convince these people to accept my offer.

Last edited:

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I drove to work early to beat the storm. I'm working evenings this week and was supposed to drive in during the worst part. Glad I did because I got 15 miles from the refinery and it all went south, couldn't see hardly anything. Hopefully it clears up by quitting time tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I think we are supposed to get 6-12" but as warm as it is I don't see that happening.

That was what saved us, we got maybe 4" and were supposed to get 18". The rest melted and ran off. I was coming back from town and was in snowflakes that looked like cotton balls.

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Just got here from Nevada. Damn its flat. Any events next weekend?
Pm if you want phone or email address.

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
PM me some time. I have stuff going on at my place all the time. Hanging out working on trucks, personal 700 yard shooting range, and a few other things. Also get on Facebook and search for me (Chris Vanderford) or Midwest Diesel and Firearms Hangout.

UnrepentantSinner

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good shop (or person) around NWKS for 6.0s that knows what their doing and won't rape you or F-stuff up?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online