Keeping 05+ axle from hopping cheaply

JD3020

Reaction score
Starting to get close to working on my OBS build, hell i've only had this chassis for 2 years now. LOL Anyways it will be a ECSB 97, 600hp with a built auto, and i'm hoping it will weigh 6-6500lbs at full weight. Truck will be a weekend warrior, lots of dirt drags and sled pulls, might see some asphalt time, and of course working on the farm. Right now i'm trying to decide on axles. Really want to do a 05+ swap for the obvious reasons, but i'm worried about it hopping. Seems like at the local pulls i'm always seeing 05+ trucks hop. I'm sure doing a 3 or 4 link swap would take care of it, but thats waaayy out of my budget. So is there a cheap and easy way to keep the front end planted, or am i better off just going with a leaf spring front with a traction bar?

sootie

Reaction score
You can make your own front traction bars for use coil front end and add an additional shock.

Cheapest alternative is to strap the front end right to the bump stops.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
All those other plans and a $1500 3 link is out of your budget?

JD3020

Reaction score
At the moment yes, keeping it on a tight budget. I have pretty much everything except for head studs and axles, those alone will be $1800+. Then i still need to do some body work and paint, so $1k+ for suspension mods is out of the picture for a while.

Latest posts

Members online