kem 345 to h&s 300!

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Trans shifting is also the reason I've moved to Gearhead and innovative. It always felt like it slipped into gear. And powe is way down. But I like the 345 time for a tow tune.

stroker007

Reaction score
yea the hd300 tune is no doubt fast and less smoky, I didn't enjoy the non stop haze from the 345. the hd300 you actually have to try and make it smoke which is awesome it spools so much better and is so clean compared. the shifting of kem though is terrible. I really want to go with a single turbo set up but then kem would have to write tunes for me and I would be back into my tranny feeling like its gonna fall apart.

powersmokin64

Reaction score
The 310 tune beat the absolute hell out of my transmission. I ran the 345 tune for well over a year until one day the tranny went nuts and into limp mode. I updated to the newer version of the HD300 and it pulls much harder on top end and the transmission hasn't had one hickup.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I have the HD300 that I use with Elite Tow Power Plus Turbos and Elite 60 hp nozzles along with many other mods and it is COMPLETELY smoke free even with the low boost fueling set a 3. The tuning has come a long ways and the newer updates are very good for not smoking. I really like that the big power is there and not the smoke. Makes it nice for hot rodding around the city playing and not worring about the mess you made behind you from your tailpipe getting you in trouble.

brooksfruge

Reaction score
Does spartan write custom tunes for guys with mods past an intake, exhaust and tuner? Haven't heard much about them in awhile, btw nice write up op

stroker007

Reaction score
I have the HD300 that I use with Elite Tow Power Plus Turbos and Elite 60 hp nozzles along with many other mods and it is COMPLETELY smoke free even with the low boost fueling set a 3. The tuning has come a long ways and the newer updates are very good for not smoking. I really like that the big power is there and not the smoke. Makes it nice for hot rodding around the city playing and not worring about the mess you made behind you from your tailpipe getting you in trouble.

yea man, that's true. I really like this new tuning. so do you think I could run the hd300 tune with a single and stock injectors?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I dont know much about the tuning needed for the singles. You would have to ask someone with some experiance with them. There are lots of guys that run singles now that could help you out.

JDub

Reaction score
yea man, that's true. I really like this new tuning. so do you think I could run the hd300 tune with a single and stock injectors?

When we first got my single turbo up and running KEM was the only one that could really tune for it. I ran the 345 tune and made 607hp uncorrected at 4500 elevation on a no load dyno and the truck was VERY streetable. H&S didn't offer the 300 tune back then but I really wish it was around seeing the power its making now. Your drivebility is really going to depend on the turbo. Zane is running the single i had, on his truck now with just h&s tuning and I know it runs damn good.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

stroker007

Reaction score
When we first got my single turbo up and running KEM was the only one that could really tune for it. I ran the 345 tune and made 607hp uncorrected at 4500 elevation on a no load dyno and the truck was VERY streetable. H&S didn't offer the 300 tune back then but I really wish it was around seeing the power its making now. Your drivebility is really going to depend on the turbo. Zane is running the single i had, on his truck now with just h&s tuning and I know it runs damn good.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

what size single was you running? thanks for the info man

stroker007

Reaction score

JDub

Reaction score
did you have to get a muffler for yours? I heard their ridiculous loud.

It was crazy loud at the tail pipe. Wasn't terrible in the cab with my 4" exhaust and no muffler, but yes, I would've done a muffler had I kept the truck.

brooksfruge

Reaction score
Fwiw I've been able to tow with my single kit, running a 66/72.5/.91 with billet wheels tuned by gearhead, he wrote me a great tune thts street able and keeps egts down while towin

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I can honestly say that I tried h&s a few years ago and wasnt impressed with the power or the shifting. But after tuning alot of friends trucks recently and hearing them rave over the tuning I figured id try them again. I think their shifting/early lockup in 4th and 5th and the smooth, clean power has got me hooked. Its also got a lot of potential to make even more power with more mods if wanted. Which is obvious from some of the dynos with aftermarket turbos.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Yup. I ran the H&S on the minimaxx, Tow Power Xs, stock fuel...

300HD tune, 680
KEM 345, 587
IDP Xrace, 667

Same dyno, same day, never unstrapped it...

Ran 345 on the street... felt like the Spartan 210... Very clean, very cool, but no real power feel. We pulled over, and reloaded the 300HD, and she was a rocket ship... Later loaded up the SCT, and havent looked back...

This is a perfect example.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.