Launching in 4wd

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was curious how you guys are launching in 4wd? I've been locking my rear diff and just leaving my front hubs in auto when I run, However I've read that I should lock the front hubs instead and not lock the rear end as it may cut a little power when it unlocks at 20mph. How are you guys doing things?

Thanks!

Charles

Captaincworley

Reaction score
2HI, 1700ish RPM's and let er rip.

My truck just spins in 2wd Rich lol. I've been doing 4HI with a 2nd gear launch around 1800rpm. Darn 3.31 gears and 35's still won't let me cut a great 60ft. I've launched in 2nd gear around 20lb of boost and the best I could get was a 1.86. Should I leave my hubs in auto or should I lock them?

Charles

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ouch. Early morning posting got me. LOL
You should definitely do 4HI. LOL

I blame lack of coffee.

dseitler

Reaction score
SPE Rear axle Mod. 4H. Unplug both ABS sensors above left rear axle. Traction control off. Hold button down for 10 seconds until advance track is off Launch as hard as you can before you blow through the brakes. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Codydiesel

Reaction score
I have 3.31 and 35s as well and I cut 1.72 60ft , all I do is turn advance trac off, 4h, 14lbs of boost , at 2000-2100 rpm. Also launch in 1st gear ,2nd is just to much for your gearing. And do not lock the diff or it will defuel hard.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
SPE Rear axle Mod. 4H. Unplug both ABS sensors above left rear axle. Traction control off. Hold button down for 10 seconds until advance track is off Launch as hard as you can before you blow through the brakes. Have fun!

I looked up SPE and I found the SPE 6.7 FULL LOCK DIFF KIT. Is it somthig that just plugs in or? What will unplugging the abs sensors do? I will def do that next time I go to the track. Thanks man!

Charles

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I have 3.31 and 35s as well and I cut 1.72 60ft , all I do is turn advance trac off, 4h, 14lbs of boost , at 2000-2100 rpm. Also launch in 1st gear ,2nd is just to much for your gearing. And do not lock the diff or it will defuel hard.

I will try 1st gear again next time out. Yea I believe it was you that told me about the truck Defueling when the rear unlocks at 20mph. I'm prob gonna order the SPE 6.7 FULL LOCK DIFF KIT so that the rear doesn't unlock at 20. Thanks for the help man!

Charles

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Just like they said, take off abs connections.. See if you can't launch harder, I flash my converter 2300-2500 and launch about right there..

I'm gonna go back when I get home and see what it will do. I'm gonna try a 1st gear launch again with the gears and tires I have. I got your text man but I was 100miles offshore lol, So I will shoot you a text in a bit. Thanks bro!

Charles

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies guys. What kind of air pressure are you guys running at the track? Gonna install my PMF traction bars and go back if the weather is decent and see what I can get out of it. Thanks again guys!

Charles

dseitler

Reaction score
I looked up SPE and I found the SPE 6.7 FULL LOCK DIFF KIT. Is it somthig that just plugs in or? What will unplugging the abs sensors do? I will def do that next time I go to the track. Thanks man!

Charles

Yes that's it. It's a modified relay that does away with the 20 mph limit and keeps it locked in at any speed. Only downfall is you loose your light. I installed a very small LED light to make sure I didn't leave it in.

Latest posts

Members online