led fogs in factory housing

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im looking into leds for my headlights&fogs&came across the rigid retrofits which i like but am not a fan of how they look,so i did some searching&i found that the 9005 bulb fits in the factory socket retaining the factory look,so why not install a 9005 led bulb&have both the led&factory look@a fraction of the rigid cost?

Pstrke96

Reaction score
It my buddy some 9145 bulbs from amazon for his golf cart for cheap like 39 bucks and they look cool but performance is very disappointing even in comparison to halogen output that's my reason for not having them I. My d's fogs yet to match my led heads that work beyond great

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Im looking into leds for my headlights&fogs&came across the rigid retrofits which i like but am not a fan of how they look,so i did some searching&i found that the 9005 bulb fits in the factory socket retaining the factory look,so why not install a 9005 led bulb&have both the led&factory look@a fraction of the rigid cost?

hit up josh@dieselcartel ... he got me mine, great price on the rigid's and he makes drop in brackets for them ! cant beat his stuff. I did the dually d2's , I'm pretty sure he has more options on offer now too .

dsmracing1

Reaction score
That's Josh's Q Series kit with drop in brackets. I did the whole LED headlight and fog light and what a waste of time with very little output and you just end up getting flashed and run down by angry people on the highway. These lights really put out. Heck even the D series with be 10x better than LED fog lights in the factory housing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415283276.314668.jpg

Clean-15

Reaction score
Do you run the Q series on the road w/o getting flashed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thx for the feed back,its a work in progress and just want to get it right the 1st time.The other alternative is plain n simple hid headlights&rigid fogs.Decisions decisions all input is appreciated.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Do you run the Q series on the road w/o getting flashed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not at all. I can't stand people that run any kind of LED product on the highway lol. They get the 40" light bar to the face and their lights turn off pretty quick. Basically think of the Q series light as 4 D series in one and it paints a picture of how bright they are.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Thx for the feed back,its a work in progress and just want to get it right the 1st time.The other alternative is plain n simple hid headlights&rigid fogs.Decisions decisions all input is appreciated.

Just returned my Brightsource HID kit due to dark spots and uneven beam pattern. They definitely don't agree with the kind of reflectors that FORD uses. My Toyota Tundra had great factory lenses for HID's but not so much with the FORD. I returned my LED kit from Beamer's since they had no high beam at all but low beam output was excellent. I just threw a set of PIAA extreme white halogen bulbs in and called it good for now. I don't feel like forking out money for retrofit projectors and spending the time to install them.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I drive with my Q series on all the time. you just have to aim them correctly.
Mind you I am lifted and on 37s.

They are aimed pretty much straight down and still look and function 100% to my liking.

If anyone wants a set of stock housings with Plain N Simple LED pods in them, let me know. They are VERY bright and looked great. Only reason I took them out was to install the Q series I mentioned above.

Last edited:

Buck1

Reaction score
I am running diesel cartels led bulbs for headlights and fogs. Not the price jump of going with rigid, but excellent improvement!

Latest posts

Members online