lets hear some opinions on what broke, my guess is crank.

mustube

Reaction score
What would break on the crank to where it could still move? If it breaks at the back, it won't move but might run, and if it broke at the front, the cam wouldn't spin and wouldn't run at all. Would it be able to run if it broke in the middle? Does it start back up once you cut it off?

My guess is maybe pistons or rods.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

ghohouston

Reaction score
I was thinking somewhere in the middle, who knows. It was merely a speculation. Did you notice the oil leak coming from the front crank seal? That's another reason I speculated crankshaft, but like I said...

mustube

Reaction score
I was thinking somewhere in the middle, who knows. It was merely a speculation. Did you notice the oil leak coming from the front crank seal? That's another reason I speculated crankshaft, but like I said...

Massive crankcase pressure from holed pistons?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Stroked777

Reaction score
I'm curious to what could be the problem as well. Back to where the break is, are they running the cam gear off the front of the crank? Not like they have been running them on the back of the 6.4 and 6.0?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I should elaborate, at our yard, we have 4 shops, one for boom/bucket trucks, two for dump/haul/medium duty trucks/equipment, and a ford shop. I used to work in the ford shop, but now work on the big trucks. I was just more so posting this video for thoughts, but yes, they will be tearing into the motor since its out of warranty.